Cable and HD

Username: Pezdfw

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 1
Sorry for posting here, but I wanted to get in touch with Cable guy. I recently (last week) switched to Comcast for Digital Cable and HD reception for my new Samsung DLP TV. The problem is that my signal is split to 4 tv's and the internet. The HD reception comes in great, the digital signal from the cable box is very good but the expanded basic to my 3 other TV's are poor.

Do you know of any good way to boost the signal to the other lines. I have 1 connection with a 3 way splitter and 1 of those splits gets split again all running in my attic. The installer mentioned a signal amplifier. I have purchased one at Radio shack and it didn't do much for the basic service. I am looking for a professional to tell me how to do the wiring and signal boost.

Please help.

Thanks.

Perry in Dallas

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 620
Always boost the signal at it's strongest point. What I would recommend since you have internet, you would want a two way splitter first in line or where the cable first comes in the house. One leg of the split should go directly to your modem hor HSD. The other split should go directly into the amplifier and then out to any subsequent splitters downstream. If this doesn't correct your problem, I would have the cable company come verify your signal strength on the low end to make sure you don't have a corroded connector somewhere outside that is causing your lower channels to be affected.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us