DVR and DVDR connections

Username: Mojoman

Michigan USA

Post Number: 1
Hello. New to the forum. Currently I have an older Philips TV with one S-Video in and two composite ins as well as one composite out; Motorola DVR BMC9012 with Charter digital cable; and an older Sony Dream System. No problem. I received a Philips DVDR 615/37 for Christmas. Found that I did not have enough inputs/outputs from the old Sony Dream System. Purchased a Sony Receiver STR-DE898 with more than enough outputs/inputs. Everything sits on the old A/V shelf unit I made years ago. Problem is I used solid oak and it takes two men and a boy to move. I want to get this right the first time. I planned on connecting everything to the Sony Receiver both in/out. I know that the cable must first connect to the DVR. The DVR does not have RF out. I planned on connecting the DVR to the Receiver using component out. I spoke with MOXI regarding another issue and was told that in order to connect to the Receiver I must purchase an RF Modulator. What? My understanding is that the RF Modulator is only required if my TV only has RF in and nothing else. Am I correct in simply connecting everything to the A/V Receiver as long as the cable is connected to the DVR first? And not using an RF modulator? I would like to record with the DVDR on occasion. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us