Archive through December 07, 2005

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
jacob_d,

I had light engines replaced in my home. It is a fairly simple procedure if the tech knows what he is doing. After watching the process, I think I could do it. It really only takes an hour or so. My guess is that your tech has never done one and so he doesn't want to do it in the field.

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 236
Jacob,

Replacing the light engine could be done in your home...

Of course diagnosing, testing to prove the light engine was /is at fault could require a trip to the shop.

If there's ANY way to keep the set from going into the shop I'd do it.: https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=474384#POST474384

The "tech" should be able to CALL JVC while in your home, just like at his shop about "procedures" , or tests that need to be done.

While you're at it, try to get the "tech" to see if there are any TSB's on the unit...

And more importantly, try to set if you can get a "copy" of the "TRAINING DOCUMENTATION".. that covers procedures not in the service manual.

(If nothing else, I'd have him "show" me the training doc's to PROVE he indeed knows what he is doing.)

REMEMBER TO POST BACK what was wrong, with old and new part numbers if possible..

One last thing in case 'we" D-ILA owners at some point have to force JVC to issue a recall, or possibly cover repair after the warranty period if the number warrant it... How many hours would you say is on the set?

(On a personal note, see if the tech knows how to adjust the red chip if it's 1/2 a pixel off... I would think that the only way to do so would be by "shims", shims that go between each of the Red/blue/green that when the light engine is assembled.- More than likely the tech won't have this info, but hey it's worth asking - AND checking on your replacement set -BEFORE you sign-off on the repairs being completed:-) :-) :-)

Another idea. if it was me, I'd take PICTURES of the internals of the set BEFORE it is serviced. (and of course the exterior if the shop has to go into the shop, in case it is damaged)

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 923
Mr. Tomasulo-

Sorry for the late response, I haven't been getting the "post" emails from ecoustic.

My front speakers are not stands, but all one piece. The are Infinity RS5s. I bought them a good 6 or 7 years ago and I have loved them since. The large cabinet really adds to the sound a lot. Most people think I have a subwoofer hidden behind the TV because of the amount of bass they reproduce.

I really like how the stand turned out. If you look closely you can see that I hid the "base" of the JVC TV to make it appear that it is sitting flush to the table top. Since I don't use the built-in TV speakers I was going to hide those 2 and just have the bezel around the screen visible. The height I wanted the stand however did not allow enough space for my components if I did this. I plan on building a new stand next summer after we redo the living room so I'll probably figure out how to hide the entire TV base into it.

NYIRISHMAN
Unregistered guest
I have the HD-52G886 and am trying to set it with the TV being the center speaker for my suround reciever. Has any one been able to get thier set to work with this feature? Every time I connect the speaker wire to the TV the reciever shuts down.

JimJ
Unregistered guest
NYIRISHMAN:

You cannot connect your speaker wire to the center channel input on the TV. It requires a line level output on your receiver. Putting high power speaker outputs to low level inputs could easily fry something.

You best bet is to use a projection TV shelf to hold a center channel speaker and drive it from the receiver as you do all of your other speakers.

Jim J

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 732
"They are Infinity RS5s."

What is the driver material?

The drivers look identical to the Ascend Polygel drivers.

I had to d/l the image and zoom in just to see the difference.

Silver Member

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 924
Jacob-

When I had my light engine replaced, it was done right in my living room. It took just under an hour and that was with me bugging the tech with questions and taking pictures. If youlook at the JVC warranty it states "in home repair". Their website also says that all repairs on TVs 32" or larger will be in home. I wouldn't let anyone take my TV.

Kano-
The RS5s have Poly Cone woofers (with some fancy treatment) and Silk Dome Tweeters. They do look identical to the Ascend Polygel drivers. I've never heard the Ascend speakers, but I've heard many good things about them. I've always like the response on most dual woofer speakers. I believe the RS5s 2 woofers are tune differently, one for the upper mids, and the other for the lower mid bass. Whatever it is the response is smooth across the entire Frequency. I love them.

Unregistered guest
I purchased my tv about 2 weeks ago and I'm having a problem over the last couple days that once the TV is on for about 30 min -- Direct TV, the screen goes purple and it won't show the picture again until I turn the TV off and back on. Then it's fine again?! Any ideas? I have the JVC HD56G886. I just called the closest JVC tech and he wasn't sure. He just said to check all my connections from Direct TV (HDMI) and unplug the TV and Direct TV for about an hour. Was he just blowing me off? I'm a bit frustrated right now, at least I have the forum to turn to.

Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Rex

Post Number: 39
Angel Lara,
Regarding your post
"Does anyone know if when dtv switches to mpeg4 will we need to buy new receivers or will there be a software or firmware upgrade?"
The receivers will be new. Whither you have to buy a new box depends on your arrangement with DirecTV. In my case they will swap it out, which was a offer they made at the time, and my still be offering. I am assuming you mean MPEG4 High Definition television

Username: Robert3433

Redmond, Wa

Post Number: 1
JVC HD-52Z585, PD:May 05, SR#0608

Problem: Ghost image
Occurance: Happened first time ever today, cold start.

Story: Got from video only open box special (free 3 year warrenty), after first day noticed dead pixels, called sales guy and he offered to send a brand new one out to me, has been great since then until today. turned on the tv this AM to watch some trading spaces and could not look at the tv due to major ghosting image problem, turned off the tv and let sit for a few minutes. turned back on and worked fine. watched tv for a few hours then went out shopping. got home later and turned on tv, same problem, this time took a few turn on's, turn off's before ghosting went away.

Was reading this thread and tried going to http://www.jvcservice.com/Service/ (to order a service manual cause I am thinking I may be able to get by for a week or two more, but a tech will be heading out soon to fix some problem) and the site is down, has anyone else had this problem?

Anyone had a ghost problem?

Thanks

mjstonez
Unregistered guest
I have a bizarre occurrence with my DILA. When watching scenes with a lot of camera flashes/lightening (CSI, when they take pictures) The screen goes crazy with long lines that scramble across the screen from top to bottom almost like lightning - but not jagged. It happens on all inputs but not in slow motion, like if using the advance button on the tivo remote. It has been getting worse. Any thoughts? I don't think it's the source.

Username: Kid89

Post Number: 5
I just did a "self check" through the service menu, every thing was "ok" except TUN NG2 RGB NG9 HDMI NG2 IS THIS GOOD OR BAD OR INDIFFERENT?

Joshua Hankinson
Unregistered guest
Any ideas guys? Thanks again.

boilersw326
Unregistered guest
I bought a HD52BP6 (Best Buy only model?) in the middle of August. Two days ago the picture dimmed significantly on all inputs and then yesterday the bulb sounded like it exploded and now nothing. Is it normal for a bulb to last less than 3 months? I have a warranty through Best Buy that covers replacement of the bulb but I have to wait a week for them to come out. Does JVC's warranty cover the bulb and if so would they be quicker?

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=508522#POST508522

Just so all these posts may be of "help" in getting mfg's to make better products... and more importantly maybe get them to EXTEND the lamp (and light engine) warranty beyond the "official" 1 year warranty...

How about EVERYONE that posts lamp burnout /or light engine problems post the:

Model
Mfg date
Serial number
Amount of run time on set /lamp (or "lamps")
How set is used each day.
If set is plugged into a UPS.

PLEASE NOTE the model number of the LAMP, and ANY markings on it /or box it came in such as batch number.

Please also note if the ballast was replaced, as that may be the cause of short lamp life instead of the lamp itself. If you've had the ballast replaced post the part number of the OLD and NEW ballast.

And finally post what you as a consumer expect so far as "lifespan".

To me having part (lamp in this case) rated at 6,000 hours for example, means 6,000 hours... that mfg's should provide replacements of that part -even if the set is beyond the 1 year warranty.

40 hours a week, x50 weeks =2,000 hours.
6,000 hours to me means 3 years at least... as most people aren't going to watch TV 8 hours a day.

I would encourage everyone that reports "problems" to post such info.... So everyone on the Internet, JVC can see how end users are being affected ..AND HOW THE MANUFACTURER HANDLES "PROBLEMS". If say for example over the next year 1,000 people post saying they've went thru 3 lamps in a year, it would be hard for JVC, The mfg of the parts to deny there was a "problem".

What I mean is IF, we owners had to at some point file a class action suit for example if would be mighty "hard" for JVC to deny responsibility. Having the info in the above format would also help in case you had to go to small claims court? OR were fighting your local repair shop about getting your light engine replaced, etc.

Username: Mabulok

Anyone have the manual? Please email to realst8tx (at) yahoo (dot) com. Thanks...

Username: Kid89

Post Number: 8
52z585, built 01/05, s#06083227, tripp lite UPS..Bought the tv 6/18/05, bulb went out 10/29/05, approx. 800-850hrs...new bulb installed 11/02/05...the other nite, through the service menu, I did a self check. Everything was OK exceptTUN NG2..RGB NG9..HDMI NG2...Is this good, bad or indifferent...any ideas?

Username: Chowder

Post Number: 2
Mr Lynch,

I posted some about a year ago and you sent me your invoice. I've had my JVC about a year now, but haven't been following this message board.

I know I need to get the warranty work completed for the electrical arcing problem.

Is there anything else I need to be concerned about? What about the light engine?

Also..what do the new JVC DILA tvs have that ours doesn't have? What changes did they make?

I'm just about 15 minutes from Bellevue, so maybe we could hook up sometime and I could pick your brain. :-) Wouldn't mind seeing your set up to get some ideas and you could take a look at mine.

Thanks...you can email me at chowder1974 (at) yahoo.com

Bronze Member
Username: Bruceorlando

Orlando - Mickey Mouse..., Florida-By-God US of A

Post Number: 13
Just wanted to post that the HDMI reset procedure has now been verified to work with the new F 1080p series.

Redmond, Wa

Hello Everyone, this is a fantastic thread!

Just put in the call to have the light engine replaced on my 52z585 I got in May 05 (have a ghost image now and greener screen). So far the TV has been great (until last weekend :-)), it's on about 40hrs a week, around 2000hrs (how do I find out the actual usage? I see a option to reset the lamp hr clock, but not one to see the actual usage time). I am waiting for my jvc service cd to come in the mail. I was wondering about AVIA or DVE. Where is the best place to get this?

When the tech finally does arrive with my new light engine what should I watch for? I see some posts about hdmi not working, colors being out of whack, vertical lines, dead pixels. I have never taken my set apart, heck, I finally took the warning paper taped to the back of it off today when I moved it the dinning room. Going back to Sony CRT until I get my set fixed.

I'll post again with an update after install, I'm guessing that won't be for two weeks due to Thanksgiving next week.

Thanks Mr Lynch for the manual. Anyone have any ideas on the significance of RGB NG errors? Is this a sign of future failure?

Silver Member

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 925
Mr. Cope-

When they change your light engine here is what you should look for.

1) Look for dead pixels
2) Look for a tilted screen. Sometimes the picture may tilt 1-3 degrees, mostly to the left.
3) Check the focus (look at the menu screen, the text should be crisp and sharp) If it is off, have the tech make an adjustment.

Don't worry to much about the color/brightness and all that. You will need to make new adjustments to your setting. DVE or AVIA work best.

Post Number: 3
Any ideas??? RGB:NG errors.

Silver Member

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 926
mike-

The RGB NG does not mean much. A poor signal could cause it, a bad spot on a DVD can throw the color drive off for a quick second causing an "NG" to occur. Same with the HDMI "NG". HDCP requires a very closly timed "handshake" to work correctly and any time the connection misreads the "handshake" you can get an NG. I wouldn't worry about it unless things start looking off.

Try reseting the diagnostics, then switch thru your inputs real quickly. I'm sure you will trigger an "NG" in the RGB.

Username: Lmaun

Houston, TX USA

Okay. I am about to make the leap to a first HDTV, the HD56G886. I plan to order out of state to save sales tax. Good or bad idea? What caveats are there? I am on Warner digital cable now. I know I need a new convertor box, what else? Can I set the TV up myself? Thanks for the help

Anonymous

I just had my light engine replaced this week because i had red lines flashing diagonally on the screen. Now that i have a new light engine my picture is grainy and fuzzy while watching cable. I am using a HDMI cable. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Username: Mr_b

MODEL hd-61z886 built may 2005 purchased 7/25/05 bulb blew 10/01/05 one week to get new bulb. approx. 500 hrs. of viewing at most. Mr Lynch could you please send me the service manual boliver13@adelphia.net thank you

Unregistered guest
I'm about at my wit's end with the HDMI problems on my 52Z575 (June 2004 build date). A few months ago I got some HDMI devices and tried to get them working. I saw nothing but the dreaded green screen. My TV was still just *barely* under warranty so I had the HDMI board replaced - still nothing but green.

After reading this forum I got my service center to let me borrow their service remote last night. I did the reset with that - still green.

This morning I read the procedure for resetting the HDMI without the service remote and I tried that. Still nothing but green.

I've tried this with three different HDMI components (Pioneer DV-59AVi DVD player, Dish DVR942 and Onkyo TX-NR1000 receiver) and two different HDMI cables but all I ever get is green. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be? Am I just out of luck? Is there a possiblity that the replacement board was also bad? HELP!

-- Dave

mister T
Unregistered guest
Is general dimming a symptom that your lamp is going to go?

mister T
Unregistered guest
Nevermind-- it is. My lamp just blew (bought in March).

Post Number: 4
Thanks Mr. Lynch. The only problem was a slight red convergence offset, but I fixed that by resetting the values and placing the unit on a UPS. Sorry to hear so many others are blowing bulbs. Just a caveat to those who are thinking about buying...an extended warranty is NECESSARY for these "generally newer" technology tv's. I always purchase extended warranties on stuff that I know doesn't have a good record, and anything that is bleeding edge tech. Oh, and used cars...two engines and a host of other repairs on a $900 aftermarket warranty paid for itself many times over.

lanb
Unregistered guest
Mr Lynch -

Another request for the service manual. Please
email it to aksha_n (at) yahoo.com.
Thanks i advance !

Don -
I have the 61z886 built in May 2005 as well though
i just bought it 3 weeks ago. It is disturbing to
see the premature failures of these bulbs in sets
built as late as this.
Hope JVC find the root cause for these soon :-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 250
RE: POST by DAVE MORGAN
"I'm about at my wit's end with the HDMI problems on my 52Z575 (June 2004 build date). A few months ago I got some HDMI devices and tried to get them working. I saw nothing but the dreaded green screen. My TV was still just *barely* under warranty so I had the HDMI board replaced - still nothing but green.

After reading this forum I got my service center to let me borrow their service remote last night. I did the reset with that - still green.

This morning I read the procedure for resetting the HDMI without the service remote and I tried that. Still nothing but green."

DAVE,

1: What is the PART number /mfg of the service remote?

2: Could you POST the "offical" reset procedure?

3: Could you POST a picture of the SERVICE REMOTE?

Thanks... I'm sure someone may find the info handy...

PS: On your problem... It could be a bad HDMI replacement board. Maybe it's a bad supersecret optical sensor, tripping the board each time it's reset.

If it's not the replacement board.. not a cable, or some kind of settings on your components... =Main board?

Unregistered guest
Hello,
I have read on the user's manual of the HD52Z575 that the DVI signal from a PC is not supported as an inpot signal for the HDMI port on the TV. I have tested it with a DVI to HDMI adapter and, in fact, it did not work. Does anyone know why the signal is different, and if there are devices that could make it compatible?
Thanks
Cesar

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how I can get the sharpest picture out of my (don't laugh) HD-61Z456? The HD channels are fine but the regular channels have a bit of pixelation and just aren't as vibrant as they could be. I'm using component cables for now. I had the HDMI cable but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Username: Chipvideo

Green Screen only on the tv input. My hdmi input and component input I use for my sat and dvd player work great. Any ideas. I just replaced my lamp last week. That is the only thing Ive done.

Also every dvd player I have used on the set while using avia to calibrate it, when I adjust the contrast or briteness on the high end the screen goes snowy and then comes back. Sometimes up to 5 sec before it comes to normal. ALso sometimes when switching from 480P to 720p or 1080i does the same thing, but doing that sometimes it goes in and out of synch for up to 30 sec.

My firmware version also has a funny number compared to others I have seen post on various message boards. Mine shows as 15C. I see others with numbers like 155 or 163.

Silver Member

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 927
Cesar-

The HDMI input will work with a PC. I hook mine up to my 585 every now and them. You need to make sure you use a videocard that has a HDCP compliant DVI output. I believe most new ATI cards have this.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrtomasulo

Post Number: 73
Happy times-- Just got off the phone with JVC about my blown lamp issue. Apparently whoever I spoke with last Saturday gave me the runaround when they said I would recive a new lamp through FedEx by Tues...

... called back today twice and the second time got my call escalated to a manager who informed me that lamps are on back-order and won't be in stock for another TWO WEEKS. (fyi-- his story is that the lamps are bad and not the TVs). I asked if any authorized dealers carry the lamps and he said no, and that if I bought one outside of JVC that it wouldn't be covered by the warranty. Basically, he told me I was up the creek.

This after I finally plunked down my money for a new home theater audio system... the bulb goes out the day I finally get it all set up.

Pretty pissed right now.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
FYI--found a merchant who carries the lamps. Cost is $230 + shipping. I'm thinking about ordering and trying to make JVC cover it, even though the one guy said they wouldn't. I think they rightfully should.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
Ok, awful, just AWFUL customer service here so far.

I was just hung-up on by some incredibly rude JVC customer service rep. I had already talked to a manager earlier today who told me a new lamp would take two weeks (this after being told Saturday night that I'd have a new lamp in my hands by Tuesday).

Well I call back after discovering I could purchase a lamp through a 3rd party distributor with the intention of requesting that JVC reimburse me for it.

After I give my information I ask to speak with a manager and basically this young kid (whose first language is not English) basically just argues with me and won't let me speak to a supervisor. He keeps re-hashing the same old stuff, saying I see you called on Saturday... you get new lamp one week. And I'm like I was just told two weeks about 3 hours ago so I don't really see any reason to believe you now.... discussing it with him wasn't getting me anywhere so I repeatedly politely requested if I could speak to a manager. Instead, I was hung up on.

I call back to discuss being hung up on, and at first I'm told I can't speak to a manager because it's not a product-related issue. I tell them well before I was hung up on I was wanting to speak to a manager about a lamp.

After being put on hold I am told, more or less, that no manager there was willing to talk to me about my concerns.

So, JVC has several strikes now going with me:
1. The defective lamps they're sending out.
2. Being hung up on.
3. Their horrible decision to out-source their call center overseas. The support is horrible.

I did at the end of this obtain the # for their HQ. If you want it it is 1-800-858-6442. I'm not very confident it will get you anywhere because, if they flat-out don't care, which is how it seems, you really don't have any leverage.

PartsUnknown
Unregistered guest
Just a quick question for anyone who's had a bulb go out... Do you have to return the blown bulb after you get your new one from JVC?

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Mister,

That has not been my experience with JVC whatsoever. They have treated me spectacularly; better than any other company I've ever dealt with.

An old addage comes to mind...you draw more flies with honey than vinegar. Have you considered that your tone and demeanor contributed to your treatment?

mad hippo
Unregistered guest
AM I EXPECTING TOO MUCH FROM THIS TV?

Just had the HD52BP6 model delivered from Best Buy - I am still waiting for my cable set up but I figured I would mess around with my dvd player. I have a LG progressive scan HDMI connection dvd player.

When I view any DVD, the picture is no where near as sharp as what I saw in the store. In the store I was right up at the screen, maybe 2-3 feet away, and the picture looked great. There was no pixelation of any kind.

At home, I have to stand back at least 10-12 feet to not see any pixelation. I thought maybe it was the DVD I was using so I tried spiderman 2, the skeleton key, and Stealth. I see pixelation around the eyes of the actors and in darkish scenes the entire screen has pixelation. The faces of the actors seem soft instead of sharp like in the store.

Am I expecting too much from this tv? Is there a way to tweak settings to fix this? I just figured that since I am using a HDMI monster cable connection from my dvd to the tv the picture should be perfect.

Help! :-)

Also, i see from these forums that some of you have the service manual? Could you send that to me at:

madhippo @ gmail (dot) com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
I maintained a respectful, and professional (!), tone and demeanor my entire time on the phone with JVC.

It was definitely not reciprocated.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Furthermore I found it disturbing that they apparently had no set protocol in place for handling this issue, which from the looks of several boards, is not new and has become rather common.

I was told 4 different stories by 4 different individuals, and basically was given the impression that they weren't so much concerned with giving me accurate and thoughtful information, but rather whatever could get them off the phone the quickest.

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
Mister Tomasulo,

You need to write JVC explaining your concerns.

You may try calling them at a different time of day. I've experienced the same kind of CS from other companies that use call centers that you describe. (Non-English as their first language.)

Another tip: Keep good notes on what was said. always get the CS reps id number, and the call centers ID in case you do have to "go upstairs".

On the backorder issue, time frame to ship... Well if it's on backorder, it's on backorder. At least in this case they ARE "making" parts.. It may be that JVC has raised the standards on the mfg of the lamps... and the Lamp mfg isn't making enough.

On my last big screen tv it took about 9 months, and many hours of my time to get another mfg's set fixed/replaced. I finally having to contact the mfg's offices directly... (at about the 4th month into "waiting" for the parts to come in.) Parts didn't fix the set, took another 5 months to get a replacement set...

It took me 9 months to get a working set from another mfg, read some of the details here, allot of details left out... by the time everything was said and done I probably had 100 hours plus (or more!!!) "invested": https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=474384#POST474384

When I called JVC, I received a replacement lamp the next day..

BTW: Did you happen to read this post? https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=512187#POST512187

MisterTomasulo
Unregistered guest
Just got a call from JVC and they FedExed a lamp to me TODAY.

Obviously, I'm much happier now. I give them credit for going out of their way to make things right.

MisterTomasulo
Unregistered guest
Just got a call from JVC and they FedExed a lamp to me TODAY.

Obviously, I'm much happier now. I give them credit for going out of their way to make things right.

madhippo
Unregistered guest
Also, i see from these forums that some of you have the service manual? Could you send that to me at:

madhippo @ gmail (dot) com

Bronze Member
Username: Mthom

Post Number: 59
Hey mad hippo,

I thought the same thing when I first got my set. But it's probably a couple of things. They store most likely was sending an HD signal to the TV, whereas your DVD is still just 480p. And once you've seen HD, that's a big difference. Just wait until you get your HD hooked up.

The other thing is, I was definitely had a much more critical eye once the set was in my home, and noticed some "graininess" on DVD's. One thing that "might" help is turning the detail setting down (sometimes I can't tell if there's much difference though).

One thing that helped me ... travel for a few days and watch the old CRT's in the hotel ... come home, flip on the JVC, and say WOW!

Also, get DVE or Avia dvd, or at least use THX Optimizer that's one some retail DVD's and adjust the settings on your set, that will help too.

Redmond, Wa

Mr Lynch,

Who did your light engine replacement? Video Only had me contact Teletrom. I contacted them last week and put in a request for a replacement light engine, was told they'd have it in 4 - 6 days. I called today and asked about the status of my order and was told it will be another 2 - 3 weeks. I'm starting to wonder if I should have called another repair place in the seattle area that could offer quicker service.

Another question, how long do you expect your new light engine to last? Think it will burn out every 6 months to a year?

Figures my tv craps out the week before xbox 360..... jvc is losing points with me fast.

Bronze Member
Username: Fkubick

Post Number: 13
I just saw this on a HDTV newsgroup. I never heard this before. Is there any validity to this and why would this be true?

"JVC HDILA and DVD

I am sure others know this but I connected the Samsung 850 DVD player using
the component inputs and turned off the progressive scan. The JVC took that
picture and ran with it I could not believe the clarity with War of The
Worlds.

I was told by JVC to let the TV do the scanning and to turn off
progressive scan I tried both ways and it was much better with the
progressive scan turned off at least with war of the worlds"

Username: Capblue

Hey Mr. Lynch

Could you send me the service manual for my HD52G886 JVC, I need the service codes to access the service menu to reset the HDMI. capblue@bellsouth.net

Thanks
capblue

Andrew in Albany
Unregistered guest
The viewable screen of my HD52Z575 tilts a little to the left. Is there a setting in the service menu to rotate clockwise to correct the issue or does something need to be moved internally? Thanks for any help in advance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
Andrew in Albany,

There is no adjustment in the service menu AFAIK for tilt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
Dennis P Dougherty,

If you look UP, info about reseting the HDMI port is posted above.

BTW: WHY are you needing to reset the HDMI port?

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
HDMI Reset procedure

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=502725#POST502725

Bronze Member
Username: Matman

Post Number: 36
BLACK SIDEBARS?
Hey Mr. Lynch,
I've got a 52Z575. Best purchase decision I ever made. I've got it hooked up to the Sony DVP-NS975V DVD player. When friends with DLP's come over for movies they can't believe the picture quality. We backed the right horse; other companies are starting to work with L-COS technologies.

I recall reading in one of your posts months ago that it was possible to change the gray sidebars that appear during regular TV aspect ratio to black. I looked through my instruction manual and can't find how to do this. Could you please write me a "how to"? I think it's much less distracting to have the image bordered by black than be light gray.

Thanks! The assistance you've given me on this forum has been awesome!!
Yours,
Matt

Bronze Member
Username: Sailbyte

Post Number: 51
Matt:

The Grey bars on the JVC occur when looking at a 4:3 HDTV signal -- the JVC fills in the sides with Grey.

If you have cable and the Motorola turner (I have the DCT6400 dual tuner DVR), you should need to set 4:3 override to OFF -- this way the Motorola sends out a full 16:9 HDTV signal -- with the turner filling in the sides with black on a 4:3 picture.

To access your HD settings:

1 Ensure that your DCT* is plugged into a power outlet and is turned off.

2 Press the MENU key on the front panel. If your TV is on, the on-screen display menu appears listing the settings you can configure.

TV Type:

Sets the aspect ratio. The front panel display indicates the type you select. Defaults to 16:9. Options are 16:9 for wide screen TVs or 4:3 LETTERBOX or 4:3 PAN/SCAN for standard TVs:
i½ 4:3 LETTERBOX fits widescreen programming on the
screen by placing black bars at the top and bottom.
i½ 4:3 PAN/SCAN fills the screen by cropping the left and right edges of widescreen programming.

-- For JVC SET TO 16:9

DVI/YPbPr Output:

Sets the video display format for the component video outputs. The front panel display indicates the format you select. Defaults to 1080i. Options are 1080i, 720p, 480p, or 480i.

--For JVC Set to 720p

4:3 Override:

Sets the display format for 4:3 tandard-definition
programming. If the YPrPb Output is set to 1080i, 720p, or 480p, this setting defaults to 480i. If the YPrPb Output is set to 480i, this setting defaults to OFF and cannot be changed.

--For JVC set to OFF (to eliminate Grey bars), but you will be unable to stretch a 4:3 picture.

Bronze Member
Username: Sailbyte

Post Number: 52
GREY SIDE BARS ON JVC

As noted in previous post, you can disable this if you are using a Motor DCT6400 Series Cable turner, by setting 4:3 override to OFF. I posted a brief set of instructions, but you can get the completee DCT6400 series manual (including the dual turner DCT6412 DVR), at:

http://broadband.motorola.com/dvr/dct6412.asp

Bronze Member
Username: Motliek

IN USA

Post Number: 12
Good Eve,
After almost waiting a year since my purchase of the 52" Dila, comcast finally added HD in the area. I had it turned on this morning... Wow, I was beginning to have my doubts after the light engine and being on my 3rd bulb. I have spent the day watching football and bouncing around the various channels during commercials. Unbelievable - I don't think another set could compare.

PLAF05
Unregistered guest
Hi Folks,

I am confused, tried searching the forums, but can't quite find an answer.

I'm looking to buy a video card for my PC with HDMI output that would go to a DVI input on the back of my JVC - HD52Z575.

What cards are compatable? Also, any other tips or links to more info would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
PLAF05,

You don't have a DVI input on the back of your JVC - HD52Z575.

You have a HDMI input.

DVI + Audio + Plus the HDCP anti-pircy-el-crap-ola = HDMI.

You can use a DVI card that had the HDCP handshake with a converter cable.. and then run the audio thru the tv, your audio setup.

Whatever card you use it has to output a HDCP signal... OR

I think that you could use a card without HDCP, running it thru a component adapther, then going to your component inputs.

If you do a search for some of my old posts, I've posted links to the info you need.

The card must output HDCP if going thru the HDMI port, otherwise you get a blank screen. It won't sync up.

PS: When you DO find a HD card, post back the details. Supposedly the newer ATI card output a HDCP signal.

Username: Capblue

Thanks wearenotalone for info on HDMI reset.

All is well again BUT I did have to set the top box to 1080i because the JVC HD52G886 will not see signal from box fast enough. Cable box too slow in switching from 480-720-1080 so it gives no picture at times. I can not see any picture quality loss staying on 1080i. I'm also using a cable card and this has a great picture in all and HD is as good as HDMI. Trouble with cable card is loss digital at times after TV is turned off. Have to remove card and replace to receive digital pictures again. Channel summary shows all channels in. Could be the cable card but with the track record of this TV it may be the JVC. Purchased it from Vanns in Sept. for 2299.00 w/stand and Harmony remote. Great remote, does all.
Could the HDMI sync problem be the digital board and what with the cable card.........
Thanks
Whats your take on this Mr. Lynch or anyone
Thanks

Silver Member

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 928
Andrew-

The tilt is in the chipset, and it can not be adjusted since they are sealed within the light engine. There is no known adjustment other than replacement. My picture tilts slightly left, but it is only about 2 degrees off so I just live with it. I actually don't ever notice it unless I run test patterns.

PLAF05-

I believe all the newer ATI cards with DVI output are HDCP compliant. I have a 2 year old ATI card that is HDCP compliant and it works great. When you get it to work, try a resolution of 1200x666. It should fill your screen without any overscan. Running at 1280x720 will cut off the task bar.

Silver Member

Post Number: 293
On that tilt...

There is no adjustment in the service menu AFAIK for tilt, but shimming of the light engine assembly could be done. Wouldn't take much...

Silver Member

Post Number: 294
Mr_lynch,

Curious about that 2 year old ATI card :-) since you says it "works"... (i.e. confirmed to work with the Z series D-ILA)

What is the model number /version of video card are you running?... and are you running it thru a converter (DVI to component) OR DVI to HDMI via cable, and or DVI to HDMI converter end plug?

Addtionally what settings are you using, refresh rate. Any special settings?

Silver Member
Username: Videobruce

Buffalo , NY

Post Number: 101
I tried a 9600 Pro and it didn't work with the HDMI in.

BTW, why are the 'G' series sets being talked about in this 'Z' series thread??

Bronze Member
Username: Uhphikap

Post Number: 31
Another update on the TVs from our company....the inquiries are still flooding in, so I thought I would send out a another general update on pricing and stock at JVC, and we are also carrying the 1080P models now:

HD56FH96 - price will be $2925.00 + $60 for shipping= $2985.00. You can add in the 3-year MACK extended warranty for the TV including the Bulb Warranty for 3 years also for only $310. You're looking at a total package of $3295.00 delivered and the TV will be covered for 4 years. You are not required to buy the warranty, but for this price, it's worth it. The warranty for this TV is more expensive because the invoice price is over the $2500 limit for the lower one, so we have to bump it up to the "under $5,000" warranty, which is more expensive to begin with.

HD61FH96 - price will be $3175.00 + $70 for shipping= $3245.00. You can add in the 3-year MACK extended warranty for the TV including the Bulb Warranty for 3 years also for only $310. You're looking at a total package of $3555.00 delivered and the TV will be covered for 4 years. You are not required to buy the warranty, but for this price, it's worth it. Once again, the warranty for this TV is more expensive because the invoice price is over the $2500 limit for the lower one, so we have to bump it up to the "under $5,000" warranty, which is more expensive to begin with.

HD52G886/786 will continue to be $1885 + $50 for shipping= $1935.00. You can add in the 3-year MACK extended warranty for the TV including the Bulb Warranty for 3 years also for only $210. You're looking at a total package of $2145.00 delivered and the TV will be covered for 4 years. You are not required to buy the warranty, but for this price, it's worth it.

HD56G886/786 will continue to be $2350 + $60 for shipping = $2410.00. You can add in the 3-year MACK extended warranty for the TV including the Bulb Warranty for 3 years also for only $210. You're looking at a total package of $2620.00 delivered and the TV will be covered for 4 years. You are not required to buy the warranty, but for this price, it's worth it.

I'll also continue selling the extended warranty combo (TV+Bulb) separate for $210.00 also if you've already purchased the TV elsewhere in the last 30 days. No freight charges on this. I've still had a lot of people calling to purchase the warranty only...keep 'em coming...MACK CAMERA is loving us right now.

Lamps are still the same deal as described above.

Once again, if I can be of assistance, please call 1-866-827-3489 and ask to speak with Brian, or feel free to order online at www.tapeworkstexas.com. You will find the TVs (except for the 1080P models, because I haven't had time to get them up yet) listed at these prices under the "Web Specials" section of our website. You can also email me at tapeworksbrian@sbcglobal.net and I will respond within a few hours.

We are an authorized JVC Dealer and will likely be shipping the unit directly from JVC to you, just in case there are any questions.

FYI - Currently, JVC has stock on all 52G series, 56G series, and 61Z series models. The 1080P sets are in backorder status currently, with the estimated wait at 10-14 days. If you are looking for stock information on a specific model, please call for details.

Bronze Member
Username: Suzukiman

Yorkville, IL Us

Post Number: 26
Hey guys...finally took a few pictures of the yellow tape in the TV. I first thought it could be the light sensor being covered up, but it may not be the case. I also did not have any problems with the HDMI after going into the set again...So I don't know...I can go in and out of the set with out any HDMI issues..

Also, as you all know I had my light engine replaced...all was fine until I saw more green starting to appear in the corners again. Not good, looks like they have a problem with the way these are designed...seems to allow too much dust to settle inside the mirrors causing the green huge.

oh yea, I will be posting the yellow tape pic tomorrow, I don't have the time right now, unless I get to it after basketball league tonight..ok.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Help
I have a HDMI problem (no sound). I thought I would try a self check, however, I can't get into the service menu. It states on 4.3.2 to press the SLEEP TIMER, and while SLEEP TIMER 0 MIN is displayed press the DISPLAY key and the VIDEO STATUS key simultaneously. It is not working for me. This is the first time I tried getting into the service menu
I have a 52HDZ585

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
I have a 52HDZ585
I posted this HDMI audio problem previously, and thought the problem was with the DirecTV H10. I had called DirecTV and they thought is was a software problem in the satellite receiver. So I let it go for awhile and used the component connections, which works fine. I recently put a service call in because the screen was getting darker. They came with a new bulb, and then I asked them to check the HDMI connection. They had their own DVD with a HDMI output, and the audio did not work. So the problem was not in the satellite receiver, however, they used my HDMI cable. They left and said they would research the problem. Today I bought another HDMI cable to eliminate the possibility of a the cable as problem, and of course I still have the problem.

Here are the symptoms:
With the HDMI cable inserted I get picture and no sound using the digital input on the remote control.
Video 1 still has the component cables attached and when I switch to Video 1 I get no picture and no sound while the HDMI cable is attached.
Video 1 and Digital Input are both coming from the H10 satellite receiver.
I only have 3 weeks left on my 1 year factory warranty. So any help would be appreciated

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
Rex,

Bad HDMI board more than likely.

On your 3 weeks in warranty left.. I believe once you have "reported" a problem under warranty... it would have to be fixed even though the actual repair was after the offical warranty period.

madhippo
Unregistered guest
What DVD players are you using with your JVC?

I have the JVC 52" I-DLA model. I use my HDMI slot for my SA8300 comcast cable dvr which seems to give me a better picture then my monster cables.

The DVD player I have now is hooked up with the monster cables and the model is the LG Progressive-Scan Multiformat DVD Player with 1080i Upconversion and HDMI Output

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7048713&type=product&productCatego ryId=cat03013&id=1107957009599

I am really not too happy with the picture quality. People tell me they use monster cables and their HDTV and get razor sharp images from DVDs, but my image leaves much to be desired.

Can you tell me what model DVD players you are using, method of connection, and how great the image is of the dvd? I sit back 11 feet from the screen. HDTV shows are PERFECT.

Thanks

madhippo
Unregistered guest
What DVD players are you using with your JVC?

I have the JVC 52" I-DLA model. I use my HDMI slot for my SA8300 comcast cable dvr which seems to give me a better picture then my monster cables.

The DVD player I have now is hooked up with the monster cables and the model is the LG Progressive-Scan Multiformat DVD Player with 1080i Upconversion and HDMI Output

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7048713&type=product&productCatego ryId=cat03013&id=1107957009599

I am really not too happy with the picture quality. People tell me they use monster cables and their HDTV and get razor sharp images from DVDs, but my image leaves much to be desired.

Can you tell me what model DVD players you are using, method of connection, and how great the image is of the dvd? I sit back 11 feet from the screen. HDTV shows are PERFECT.

Thanks

HushH
Unregistered guest
I have a 52z585 that I purchased back in July.
Build date is 1/05.
Average time on is about 5 hours/day.

I'm having a recurring issue with my set that I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced. What I have is a double image on the screen. The image on the right side is very clearly red and green and the image on the left appears mirrored and is blue. Apologies for the poor description, I don't know a whole lot about the technical terms for these issues. At any rate, I've had this problem on 3 occasions. I first noticed this issue at the beginning of October. I noticed that turning the TV off and back on usually corrected the problem. After a week it seemed to go away. Then it came back at the end of October and required a call to JVC and a service technician to fix. He simply made an adjustment in the service menu and it was back to normal. However, a week later and the set has reverted back to this problem. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? From reading other posts it seems there are similar issues but nothing quite exactly like this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have a technician scheduled to come back out but it will be another week before he can get here. First service call took over 2 weeks. I will say that JVC's support line has been friendly but pretty much useless except to tell me to call their service center both times.

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Rex,

To get into the service menu you have to have the slider switches on the remote set to TV and VCR I believe. I will bet the slider on the right isn't set to VCR.

Your HDMI board sounds like what was wrong with mine when I first got it. That is, digital audio did not work. They need to replace the HDMI board.

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
HushH,

Is either side reversed (i.e. mirror image)?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
tvshopper,
Thanks the slider was set to dvd. I was able to get into the service section and did a test.
I got HDMI=NG1.
I am trying to find out what that means

Silver Member

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 929
hUSHH-

Got any pics?

WeAreNotAlone-

I believe my card is a Radeon 9550. I've used both the DVI to component adapater and also the DVI to HDMI cable. I had issues a few times, but for the most part it worked fine. If the DVI output on your PC won't work with your TV, try the adapter first. You can get good results.

I'll try to look up my setting this weekend. I've have not hook up my PC to the TV is quite sometime so I'm a bit foggy about the settings.

HushH
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the response. Pic can be seen at this link:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/HushH/100_2661_resized.jpg

The poor focus is from my crappy camera, not the TV. On the right you can barely see the red text right below the green. On the left you'll see the text in blue and it is flipped (mirrored).

By the way, I meant to mention earlier that if anyone has a service manual for the z585, I'd be more than happy to store a backup copy for them - boldogs (at) gmail.com.

Silver Member

Post Number: 307
HushH,

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/HushH/100_2661_resized.jpg Light engine?

PS: I like how the text is mirrored on one side. (I would assume it does it on other inputs as well?)

Have you done a self-check yet? (procedure described in Service Manual)

I'd check it, but I wouldn't reset anything. I'd push for a light engine replacement. Something is screwed up.

PS: you have mail

HushH
Unregistered guest
WeAreNotAlone,

Thanks for that. Figured out it was a convergence issue. Re-aligned the colors through the service menu and we're back in business. Just in time for the SEC Championship game this weekend. Thanks again.

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
HushH,

I had the exact same problem but with the red layer being the mirror image. It is a light engine failure as was confirmed by JVC. Send your link to JVC Service.

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
RE: Figured out it was a convergence issue. Re-aligned the colors through the service menu and we're back in business.

HushH

It shouldn't be changing. You need to set up a service call.

HushH
Unregistered guest
I still have the service tech coming out on Tuesday. I'm going to inform him that it keeps changing on me and push for a new light engine. Thanks again for all the advice.

Silver Member

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 933
That is a pretty interesting problem you got there. I've seen DLP sets wack out and do something similar too.

Everytime we had had someone host the Service manual for download JVC makes them take it down. You get a cool letter in the mail.

Marksk
Unregistered guest
Anyone try the Xbox 360 VGA cable with this set yet? I am running with the component cables now but am curious if I will see any benefit from switching the VGA.

ps - I know the Xbox 360's are tough to get ahold of and the VGA cables are even more rare but just hoping someone out there has tried.

madhippo
Unregistered guest
"Anyone try the Xbox 360 VGA cable with this set yet? I am running with the component cables now but am curious if I will see any benefit from switching the VGA.

ps - I know the Xbox 360's are tough to get ahold of and the VGA cables are even more rare but just hoping someone out there has tried."

---

how does it look with the component cables? how does it look period?!?! :-) must be nice playing in widescreen view!

how do DVDs look playing in the 360?

Marksk
Unregistered guest
LOL - I almost felt guilty making this post. I mean, life sure is tough; playing my 360 on my 61" JVC and I want to make it look even better :-).

To answer your question; it looks amazing through the component cables. I am so impressed with the 360 and the quality of the launch games. I have played about half the games available and all look next gen to me.

I am using a switcher for my component cables (DVD/PS2/Gamecube) while my VGA port is sitting idle. Thought this might be a good way to go.

I have not tried DVD's yet. I will report back on that later.

Thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 316
OK guys... The below is a repost I just made in the Panasonic LCD Television lamp (TY-LA1000) life issue petition thread... https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=530981#POST530981

I'm wondering if ANYONE has found a way to make a Z series D-ila display the below info. (I've read a little here and there that the G series can be made to display some info in hex..I think)..

REPOST:
BTW: I wish my set (JVC HD-61z575,mfg Jan-05) had a way to check the run time, you guys are lucky in that respect. Hard for a mfg to wiggle out of honoring early lamp failure when the set coughs up the info as noted here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archive/index.php/t-353230.html

Just a fun little thread to find out how many hours you have on the bulb in your Panasonic PT-50LC13.

For those that don't know how:

With the TV powered off (make sure it's off for a few minutes before trying this, or you'll wait for the customary cooldown period before anything happens if you turn the set off and try this stuff immediately), press and hold both the "VOLUME Down" button on the TV itself and the TV/VIDEO key on the remote control simultaneously for about 7 seconds. The TV will be turned on and it will have a screen of status data atop an active TV channel. To get out of this mode TURN OFF your TV.

This initial "SERVICE MODE 1/3" screen shows -

LAMP OPERATION TIME
TOTAL :
CURRENT LAMP:
OSD DISPLAY :
LON COUNT :
"
"

Cruiser posts back:
Here are my LAMP usage and LAMP on readings -

LAMP OPERATION TIME
TOTAL : 1757h
CURRENT LAMP: 1757h
OSD DISPLAY : ON
LON COUNT : 339

Wow...I got it around the end of Last August, and at 1757 hours, that puts mine at a little over 351 hours a month = a little over 4212 hours in a year. Mine has also been turned on a total of 339 times, which = approximately 68 times a month, or a tad over twice a day.

PS: If ANYONE knows how to make a JVC HD-61Z575 D-ILA set cough up detailed info like that... I'm all ears.

The Service manual has nothing in there about run time, times turned off and on, etc. The only thing I see is a feature to "reset' the lamp timer... It not giving details...

Bronze Member

Downers Grove, IL Us

Post Number: 28
Hey, here is the picture inside the case. Left side. Note* the yellow tape. Still I think these sets can be serviced with out the need for HDMI reset. Just unplug and you're good to go. And again I don't believe these sets have an optical sensor for HDMI protection. But anyway just did some more service on this set.. I worked on the light engine just behind the Lamp where it enters the first set of duct mirrors. If you remove the top piece right next to the fan there is a cleaning hole. Use a very soft lens cloth ONLY and a little low psi compressed air. I believe that the fan pushing air through the lamp also pushes dust and dirt in through that first protective clear glass: note* that this glass does move in its spot and appears to be loose. The next spot is on the projection lens near the focus knob. That little silver three-screw plate holds the optical mirror. And it often collects allot of dust. Being very careful remove those screws and that little mirror will fall down with the plate. Wipe it clean with that same lens cloth lightly, and little compressed air and your good to go. And oh yea, I had my entire projection lens off and took a look inside the light engine.. Seems very clean and dust free so don't waste your time poking around there. When inspecting your optical mirrors for a collection of dust and dirt, use a mini-mag light focused to a fine point and hold on an angle to the mirror your inspecting, it will show you all that has collected as well as any imperfections and scratches that might be there. That's all for now will talk to ya later..Upload

Username: Geauxldmember

I recently got the DVE disk and want to try to see if I can calibrate my JVC any better. Can anyone point me to a website that has an explanation of all of the test patterns that are available in the Advanced Calibration section.

There is so much here I'm a bit confused.
Already have the service menu thanks to Mr. Lynch.

Thanks

Username: Willhass

Owosso, MI USA

I have the JVC HD-52Z575

I have been having problems with intermittent loss of picture. I will get horizontal colored lines across part or all of the screen. Next the picture will go black. Sometimes if I turn it off and wait a few minutes it will restart normally. Other times it will start with a black picture and 20 minutes later it will be normal. I had the light engine replaced a few months ago and it worked fine until the last week. I sent a picture of the problem to the authorized service center. They will send it on to JVC. Can anyone tell me what it might be ?

Mr. Lynch Could you please e-mail me the service manual ?

Thanks

William Hass
Owosso Mi

willhass@chartermi.net
application/pdfUpload
TV Problem.pdf (67.0 k)

Bronze Member

Downers Grove, IL Us

Post Number: 29
Are you using the HDMI port...if so it's a defective DVI module.

frank

Username: Willhass

Owosso, MI USA

Frank

Thanks for the information on the HDMI port. I am using the HDMI port. I disconnected it and tried using input #1 with a DVD player. It still behaves the same way. Can a defective DVI module affect other inputs ?

Thanks

William

marty b
Unregistered guest
hi, well i just blew my second lamp in 10 months, so it got me to thinking of getting a ups. Was wondering what size i should get and what some you recommend getting. thanks

Silver Member

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 937
Mike H.-

Checkout http://www.videoessentials.com/index.php
Use the site index and you can find info on all the test patterns. What they are used for and what you should do.

Dr. Hass-
Manual is on the way.

Marty-

Look for a UPS in the 450va to 500va. You can find them for well under $100.

marty b
Unregistered guest
Thanks Mr. Lynch, that helped out a lot.

Bronze Member
Username: Uhphikap

Post Number: 32
Getting lots of questions about the new 1080P models and how it will work with the backorder...they are still backordered, and if you order one from my company, we will not charge your credit card until we can provide you with a ship date for your TV. We will send you a credit card authorization form to sign and return to us, which will have the details in it.

Here is a replay of the info from above, with a few more updates:

Another update on the TVs from our company....the inquiries are still flooding in, so I thought I would send out a another general update on pricing and stock at JVC, and we are also carrying the 1080P models now:

HD56FH96 - price will be $2925.00 + $60 for shipping= $2985.00. You can add in the 3-year MACK extended warranty for the TV including the Bulb Warranty for 3 years also for only $310. You're looking at a total package of $3295.00 delivered and the TV will be covered for 4 years. You are not required to buy the warranty, but for this price, it's worth it. The warranty for this TV is more expensive because the invoice price is over the $2500 limit for the lower one, so we have to bump it up to the "under $5,000" warranty, which is more expensive to begin with.

HD61FH96 - price will be $3175.00 + $70 for shipping= $3245.00. You can add in the 3-year MACK extended warranty for the TV including the Bulb Warranty for 3 years also for only $310. You're looking at a total package of $3555.00 delivered and the TV will be covered for 4 years. You are not required to buy the warranty, but for this price, it's worth it. Once again, the warranty for this TV is more expensive because the invoice price is over the $2500 limit for the lower one, so we have to bump it up to the "under $5,000" warranty, which is more expensive to begin with.

HD52G886/786 will continue to be $1885 + $50 for shipping= $1935.00. You can add in the 3-year MACK extended warranty for the TV including the Bulb Warranty for 3 years also for only $210. You're looking at a total package of $2145.00 delivered and the TV will be covered for 4 years. You are not required to buy the warranty, but for this price, it's worth it.

HD56G886/786 will continue to be $2350 + $60 for shipping = $2410.00. You can add in the 3-year MACK extended warranty for the TV including the Bulb Warranty for 3 years also for only $210. You're looking at a total package of $2620.00 delivered and the TV will be covered for 4 years. You are not required to buy the warranty, but for this price, it's worth it.

I'll also continue selling the extended warranty combo (TV+Bulb) separate for $210.00 also if you've already purchased the TV elsewhere in the last 30 days. No freight charges on this. I've still had a lot of people calling to purchase the warranty only...keep 'em coming...MACK CAMERA is loving us right now...they're even giving us a little leeway with the 30 day rule on some people who are just slightly over the 30 days limit.

Lamps are still the same deal as described above.

Once again, if I can be of assistance, please call 1-866-827-3489 and ask to speak with Brian, or feel free to order online at www.tapeworkstexas.com. You will find the TVs listed at these prices under the "Web Specials" section of our website. You can also email me at tapeworksbrian@sbcglobal.net and I will respond within a few hours.

We are an authorized JVC Dealer and will likely be shipping the unit directly from JVC to you, just in case there are any questions.

FYI - Currently, JVC has stock on all 52G series(very few remaining though), 56G series, and 61Z series models. The 1080P sets are in backorder status currently, with the estimated wait at 10-14 days. If you are looking for stock information on a specific model, please call for details.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us