Panasonic PT-61LCX65 cable card problem

FresnoBob
Unregistered guest
I had a contractor come out and install a cc, but he never got it to work. He put the card in, called for the hit waited 15 minutes and then turned the tv on. It came up with a message "cable card updating"(something like that can't remember the exact message). At that point the TV appeared to be locked up and he shut it of then turned it back on. After restarting he was able to change channels but never got any of the HD channels to work.

I checked my firmware and its 1.43

Can anyone tell me what is supposed to happen when it works correctly? Should it just come on rite away with all the channels? Should he of left it at the first screen for a long time?

This is with comcast in Fresno.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 603
Bob~ what is supposed to happen is your channels are supposed to come in that you are paying for. In another thread somebody mentioned they are also seeing the "CC updating" message, which should indicate the CC has invalid firmware on it and it is trying to update. I've seen some issues with Hitachi's, and Toshiba's that the TV firmware is causing the message to appear and has been dealt with by those manufacturers. What type of CC are they using in your system?

FresnoBob
Unregistered guest
I believe they are SA Cable cards. They are going to come out on the 28th and try again.

Bronze Member
Username: Cabletool

Midwest

Post Number: 22
"cable card updating"(something like that can't remember the exact message). At that point the TV appeared to be locked up

I have seen this on the pannys as well. When the cable card is "updating the channel line up" ( I believe thats the message you saw) the panny will not let you do anything. You cant change channels, use th remote, access menus, anything. Sometimes it will hang on that screen for hours. What it IS doing is just loading the channel map. It should take a matter of minutes.

Are you missing any other channels? What is your current package? Are you just able to recieve the standard analog lineup or are you getting any digitals at all? What about Music channels?

FresnoBob
Unregistered guest
Im pretty sure the message was "CC updating" I know it wasn't "updating the channel lineup".

My current package is expanded basic. I am able to tune in a few digital channels. I get PBS in HD on 109.3, ABCHD on 103.1, DIY network, the Biography channel and a bunch of music channels . Having the cable card in didnt change any of this.

Thanks

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us