Pioneer Plasma Comparisons

Mr. Goodbar
Unregistered guest
I'm looking at getting a 50" plasma in the not too distant future. I love the Pioneer brand and right now I am trying to figure out the main difference between the PDP-5060HD and the Elite PRO-1130HD.

It looks like the majority of the specs are identical, with the exception of a few things. I won't go into them all because I am assuming anyone who responds to this knows the differences as well. But are these differences extremely significant?

I checked out the price of the PDP at Best Buy and they carry it for about $5000. I also have a place that carries the Elite for $5200. I know the Elite has a 2 year warranty and the PDP has a 1 year. But at Best Buy, you can get about a 4 year extended warranty for a small price.

I guess the main question would be, is the warranty that critical in making the choice between the two? Is the price for the Elite reasonable or has anybody seen either of these cheaper? And for that matter, does anyone see the prices dropping in the near future? I prefer buying from a store rather than online, mainly because I like having a place I can go for questions, issues, problems, etc. Any help anyone can contribute would be much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 117
it is hard to get pioneer (or anyone else) to cover a warranty from online stores unless they recommend them. if you are only spending 200 more for an elite it's a done deal. jump on it you will not be disappointed.

Silver Member
Username: Ncavman

N.C.

Post Number: 102
Bill is right-on... go Elite and don't look back. That is a good price assuming it is a reputable and authorized dealer.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us