Poor dvd playback on Panasonic TH-42PX50U

Username: Imao123

Malden, MA USA

Post Number: 1
I am stumped... Just bot said TV and SONY dvp-nc80v dvd changer and hooked them up with component cable. All brand new and all that. I was very surprised to find that the dvd playback picture is snowy - there's a floating sea of black dots, esp visible on faces at closeup. Tried 3 component cables (2 phoenix gold VRx620CV cables and 1 monster 500v) and both component-in jacks, same result. Also tried s-video jacks: one of them gave me pretty decent picture (ie, noticeably better than others), the other s-video input gave me snowy picture as well, tho not as bad as component. Also tried hookup through a denon avr 3805 receiver (both component and s-video btw dvd and receiver, and component btw receiver and tv), same result. I am guessing tv is the problem - maybe bad input jacks. Or maybe sony and panasonic don't work well together???

WOuld very much like to figure out what I need to replace. Any ideas?

by the way, the dvds I've tried are: MIB, murder on the orient express, and Lara CRoft: Tome Raider. All gave me the same picture...

Thanks very much. Justin

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 186
Have you set your DVD player on progressive scan.Should make somewhat of a improvement.

Username: Imao123

Malden, MA USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks the response. yeah the progressive scan was on - even tried turning it off with no change...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us