Comcast / Motorola DVR - crazy pixelation problem

Username: Barbarino2000

Post Number: 1
Tonight, for the second time in a few weeks, my dual-tuner Motorola DVR (with Comcast HD service) started displaying yellow and green pixelation onscreen. It happened on all video, including the OnDemand service. And get this, when I opened the menu, the menu graphics were fine, but the live video display at the top right corner of the screen is still showing the pixelation.

I've had this box for a few months, with no issues, viewing on a Panasonic HDTV. When watching a DVD, the TV is fine, so I'm convinced it is a DVR box issue.

Both times it has happened I had programmed a show I was watching to start recording. Could this cause a problem? I've probably done this before without issue, but don't know for sure.

There is no way to correct the problem (power-off, unplug, etc.), so hopefully when I turn it on tomorrow it will be cleared up like it was last time.

Also: sound quality remains fine. And as I said, all menus work correctly.

Any thoughts!??! I'm tired of calling Comcast to come out and fix/replace things. (15 times in 18 months!)

natesta
Unregistered guest
I'm having a similar problem. I believe I have a Motorola as well (Bell Expressvu)

Very annoying.

Have you found a way to solve your problem yet?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us