Sony SXRD Price Drop KDSR50XBR1 and KDSR60XBR1

Bronze Member
Username: Uhphikap

Post Number: 38
Sony just dropped the prices on both of the SXRD sets.

http://tapeworkstexas.com/sony_kdsr50xbr1.html

http://tapeworkstexas.com/sony_kdsr60xbr1.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
If you would like a total quote, including freight, please email me at tapeworksbrian@sbcglobal.net with your city, state, and zip code, and the MODEL you are interested in, and I will get the freight quote and email you back as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489
tapeworksbrian@sbcglobal.net

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 981
Brian-

What is your guys best selling TV?

I haven't seen the new 1080p JVC side by side with the Sony. How would you compare them?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Mr. Lynch,

We've sold a TON of the new PRO JVC sets (the HD-P61R1U and the HD-P70R1U) and the consumer versions as well (HD56FH96, HD61FH96). A few LCD flat panels as well (JVC LT40FH96 and Sony KDLV40XBR1). Those are really the only lines we've been promoting and that we have on the web. Since we just recently started doing the Home Theater deal (been pro dealers for years now), this is all new and we're learning as we go. It's keeping us very busy as well, so we're expanding slowly. I will probably roll out Panasonic products next. On the Sony SXRD sets, I just put those up on our website, so I've not had any call specifically for that item, but since it's up on the web now, I expect we'll receive some calls. Some of the folks calling me to inquire about the JVC sets also ask for pricing on the Sony, but I've not had a single one purchase the Sony from me instead of the JVC. Mostly has been price (which is probably the reason for Sony's reduction) and the "ugly" speakers have been the cited reasons for not buying the Sony and going with the JVC.

I've not actually seen the 2 of them together, but everyone I've spoken to that has, has told me that they are almost identical as far as PQ goes, with maybe a slight edge one way or another depending on who you talk to. Like I said, the determining factor has been the price and aesthetics, so now with the price drop, there may be more Sony SXRD sales....or will JVC drop their price too? Who knows....

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Username: Mss

Post Number: 1
what do you think about samsung hlr6768 versus sony sxrd 60"

Bronze Member
Username: Ffb

Post Number: 23
mr. lynch

i posted a few times on the jvc site and finally gave up on jvc due to its quality problems .
i always thought that you were very helpful to all.

3 weeks ago or so i received the sony 60 inch sxrd for which i paid $4,000. (1000 off ) from tweeter.
by the way there is a 40% mark up on sony ,so they still made a 1,000 profit,

anyhow, before buying it i a/b it to all of them including the jvc.
i favor the sony overall for best picture and reliability (i hope ,on the last one ).

and my deal is 60 days to return no questions and 1 year to exchange for the same price paid against a more expensive set.

so far , the performance of the tv is outstanding ,and close to the 70 inch qualia whcih is the best out there .(the qualia can now be had for under $ 10,000. ).

i did like the jvc a lot when i used to compare it against all out thee prior to the intro of the qualia . but now with the sxrd , the sony owns the market ,in my view.

and , the new jvc is very good but does not beat the sony . it exposes some viewing flaws where at times i was able to see like a gauze ,or screen. not so with the sony

datman
Unregistered guest
Holy smokes, those are great prices for the SXRDs! Are you an authorized dealer? I'm not interested unless it comes with the manufacturer's warrenty, regardless of how good the price is.

Username: Boyoboy

Shan Sundar,

Regretably, in October I purchased what I invisioned as the best 1089i set for the money. All the stuff about the light engine and DLP seemed to be the way to Go so I got a Samsung HL-R6768W.

When watching David Letterman in HD, I can't imagine a better picture. Some of the concerts on HD-NET a just beautiful. But some of those concerts look terrible. It's hard to believe just how bad it can look. In low light scenes, you get paisty looking faces with what appeare to be a single pixel color for the whole face...very cartoon like. Sometimes you get heavy posterization on those faces. In rich blacks, where shadows should have detail, in some cases, not all, the black pixels seem to turn off leaving large areas of the screen appearing to be turned off while the lit portions may be surrounded with a fuzzy black border. This looks terrible. When I complained CC brought me a second one and it did the same thing. This stuff doesn't appear on my Samsung HD 26" CRT TV.

I'm going to look at the Sony 60BR1 next. But this forum has a lot of bad to say about it as well. So who knows?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
datman,

Yes, we are an authorized dealer.

Thanks,
Brian

Username: James_in_va

Suffolk, VA

Post Number: 2
Brian,

I believe you about Texas Tapeworks being an authorized Sony dealer but your store is not listed at SonyStyle. Any reason for this?

Regarding the price drop, many e-tailers had the 60" selling for $3200-3400 prior to the $500 drop. That being the case, I'd now expect to see some having the set for $2800 or so + shipping but this has yet to happen. Hmmm . . .

Also, has anyone used the SXRD sets for gaming? How do they perform? I've heard some DLP sets have lag issues that make games almost unplayable.

Thanks for the feedback!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
James,

It has been a pleasure speaking with you the last couple of days, and thanks for ordering from TapeWorks Texas.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
The 60" SXRD sets are looking to be available at Sony...I placed an order with Sony on Tuesday last week, and recently found out that they are due in on Tuesday of this next week, so that's a pretty quick turnaround. 50" SXRD sets are running a few days behind...shipping several days after the PO goes into Sony, so they're a little "less available" but still not taking forever.

Just thought I'd update for those who are interested.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
By the way, we just added a new feature...Check out our customer reviews!
http://tapeworkstexas.com/corkboard...orks_Texas.html
http://tapeworkstexas.com/corkboard..._and_Audio.html
http://tapeworkstexas.com/corkboard..._and_Audio.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Hmm, those didn't work...let's try again:

By the way, we just added a new feature...Check out our customer reviews!
http://tapeworkstexas.com/corkboard/Your_Experience_with_TapeWorks_Texas.html
http://tapeworkstexas.com/corkboard/Consumer_Video_and_Audio.html
http://tapeworkstexas.com/corkboard/Pro_Video_and_Audio.html

Username: Pratzert

Brian,

How about your extended warranty on the Sony SXRD 60" ? What do you offer? 3 year, 4 year, 5 year and the price please?

AND.... do they cover "BULB" replacements, unlimited or otherwise?

Thanks, Tim

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Tim,

It's 3-years extension for the TV on top of the manufcaturer's warranty. You also get 3 years for the bulb (and up to 2 replacements) starting from date of purchase, and the total price on the warranty combo is $300.00 (for a TV between $2500 and $5000) for forum members.

This warranty can be purchased up to 30 days after the invoice date of the TV, regardless of where you purchased the TV from. The warranty is provided by Mack (www.mackcam.com) and sold by dealers such as ourselves.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Username: Msummers80

Woodbridge, VA

Brian,
if an American Express warranty extended the manufacturer's warranty by a year, would the Mack warranty run in parallel with the AmEx warranty?
Thanks,
Matt

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Yes, that is correct. You cannot extend the AMEX warranty...Mack extends only the Manufacturer's Warranty, so you would need to choose one or the other. I suppose you could do both as well to have double coverage, but that's all up to you.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Username: Temmujin

Brian,

Do you expect the price of the KDSR60XBR1 to come down any time soon?

Alex

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 221
TV,s will always come down.Just when and how much is always the issue.Drop maybe one more time and thats it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Since they just recently did a price drop on both the KDSR50XBR1 and the KDSR60XBR1, I would expect it to be a while. Also found out today that these are scheduled to be discontinued in June, as they prepare for the new 2006 models to ship. The 2006 models are "scheduled" to start shipping in August. There are no other details available on the new models except the part numbers:

KDS50XBR2000
KDS55XBR2000
KDS60XBR2000

To be added to the email list to receive more information about these units as it becomes available, please send email to tapeworksbrian@sbcglobal.net with subject line "2006 SXRD"

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Username: Croozer

Rockford, IL United States

Post Number: 9
I bet the new thinner SXRD's have a 1080p input.

datman
Unregistered guest
Croozer, that's what I'm hoping for as well. The wife was cool with buying the 60" SXRD but I held off hoping that Sony would resolve the 1080p direct input issue soon.

Brian, will the $500 price drop remain when the new SXRDs come out or did Sony drop the price to clear out inventory of the existing models? Man, I hope they new model are available by August. I have got to have one by the start of college football season!

Take it for what it's worth, guys, but I've talked to Brian on the phone and he seems like a straight forward guy. My sixth sense didn't wave any red flags when talking with Brian, like it has when dealing with some other internet sellers.

datman
Unregistered guest
Croozer, that's what I'm hoping for as well. The wife was cool with buying the 60" SXRD but I held off hoping that Sony would resolve the 1080p direct input issue soon.

Brian, will the $500 price drop remain when the new SXRDs come out or did Sony drop the price to clear out inventory of the existing models? Man, I hope they new model are available by August. I have got to have one by the start of college football season!

Take it for what it's worth, guys, but I've talked to Brian on the phone and he seems like a straight forward guy. My sixth sense didn't wave any red flags when talking with Brian, like it has when dealing with some other internet sellers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Don't bet on the fact that they'll have the 1080p input, although, don't count it out either.

datman, looking at the MSRP for the new part numbers, it looks like the prices on the new units will end up being about the same as the current units, but none of that information is available yet, and even this is all subject to change before the actual release of these units.

KDS50XBR2000 (August 2006) MSRP $2999.99
KDS55XBR2000 (July 2006) MSRP $3599.99
KDS60XBR2000 (August 2006) MSRP $3999.99

Thanks for the kind words datman...I look forward to working with you in the future.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Username: One4gatr

Thanks for the info Brian. I have been going back and forth trying to decide between the 50 and 60 but it looks like we have a 55" on the horizion which would fit my room perfectly. How true to the "release" date do you think Sony will be? It looks like it might be worth holding off a bit longer to see if they discount the current MY prior to the '06. Worst case you might end up with a "newer" version of the same with some of the bugs worked out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Mark,

It's always a toss-up whether they will hit the scheduled release date or not. Sometimes they get close, and others they push back several months. It happens with all manufacturers.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

datman
Unregistered guest
Here is a write-up by CNET on the upcoming Sony SXRD models. In short, thinner, better light engine, and two 1080p HDMI direct inputs.

http://www.cnet.com/4831-11405-6413188.html

Username: Jake_ironshirt

Fort Mohave, Arizona USA

Brian,
If I decide to order up a SXRD60" what would be the cut-off date before they discontinue? Also has Sony sold a lot of these sets? You folks have emailed me back with answers to my questions and I appreciate that...others don't. When I order it will be with tape works!
Jake in Arizona

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Jake,

Thanks for the kind words!

If you are talking about ordering the current KDSR60XBR1, it is scheduled to be discontinued in June. At that point, they may have plenty left and available, but then again, they may have none left to ship...it all depends on what happens in the industry between now and then, and a lot can happen in the next 4 months. To be safe, if you want to order the current model, do it before or in the month of May. At that point, barring any peculiar circumstances, you should able to get the TV you want.

If you have aby further questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 233
So where is the source coming from that there discontinuing the KDS-R60XBR1?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
From Sony

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 237
Who at Sony or do you have a link for this info?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
My rep...there is no link available.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 238
His reason why Sony was going to discontinue this model?

Username: Jake_ironshirt

Fort Mohave, Arizona USA

Post Number: 3
Thanks again Brian,
A couple of more questions if you don't mind. After you place a purchase order to Sony where do the sets come from,I should say what plant...Japan or the States? Have your customers complined about a green blob or haze with the Sony 50" or 60" SXRD's?
Thanks Brian
Jake

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
Drummer,

Because the new models are coming out shortly thereafter.

Jake,

These TVs are made in Sony's Pittsburgh, PA Factory and shipped from there to dealers all over the country. Since I just recently put the SXRD on our website in January, I've not had a single customer with the Green Glob problem...all of the TVs I've shipped out have been 2006 Builds.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
I've thoroughly enjoyed dealing with those of you who have called/emailed me. I've been super-swamped lately and haven't been able to get back to some of you immediately, but I assure you that I will return every email/phone call. I will be out of town this weekend starting Friday morning through Monday, but feel free to email me and I will get back to you next week for sure. The SXRD TVs are still very popular, and selling like hotcakes. Thanks again to everyone for choosing TapeWorks Texas!

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 260
HHhhmmm.No clue why Sony would discontinue a model that has only been out since around November.Especially the way there selling.Also the SXRD being the new models.

Username: Pratzert

I wouldn't say they are discontinuing the model, they will still be selling a 60" SXRD with a few enhancements added to it.

Just like any other mfg does. I have seen cars that keep the same model "name" but add more and more "goodies" to it each year to keep the consumer interested. Or based on consumer feedback, they may make a small change in order to make it more desirable to a larger percentage of buyers.

Same with computers, Dell has had their XPS model out for 5 years, but each year they make it a little faster, or add more memory as standard.

Same thing with Sony and their 2006 SXRD.

Tim

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Tim,

They are discontinuing the current part numbers, and replacing them with the new 2006 models with new part numbers. Therefore, come June, the KDSR60XBR1 and KDSR50XBR1 will be no longer. The SXRD will indeed live on though, just as different part numbers, as indicated above.

Also, got confirmation the other day on the rumors of the "XBR2" models - there will be a 60" and of course the highly anticipated 70" model as well, scheduled to be available late this year.

As I've stated before, I always enjoy speaking with people from the forums, so please don't hesitate to call me, as I am always happy to talk to all of you. I am in the office from Monday-Friday, generally from 9AM-5PM, Central Time. If you would prefer to email, I am happy to answer your questions via that method, and if you would like a quote via email, I can do that as well, just send me your name, city, state, zip code, and the item or items you are interested in and I will email you a quote as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
4930-B Dacoma
Houston, TX 77092

Username: Solunder

Brian,
I called Sony to confirm that Tapeworks in an authorized dealer and they said it is not. To further confirm this, there is no Sony logo on the Tapework website. If a dealer is authorized, they will have the Sony logo on the page. Is there any explanation for this?

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 291
Hmhmhmhmhm.I would like to see an answer also.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
Christian,

Who did you speak with? What division? Sony is a huge company. I assure you, TapeWorks Texas is a Sony Authorized Dealer. I can put a Sony logo on my website if you would like. That means nothing...it's just a picture file. I could put a Chevy logo on our website too, but it doesn't mean TapeWorks Texas sells Chevrolet.

If you don't feel comfortable dealing with me, then by all means, please do not. I will tell you this: I've never had a customer go away unhappy, and a very sizable portion of my customers end up sending me other people to buy from me after their sale is completed. You are guaranteed to get brand new Sony USA product, made in Pittsburgh, PA, that holds the full Sony 1-year Manufacturer's warranty.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
4930-B Dacoma
Houston, TX 77092

Brian,
I spoke with a customer service at Sony. Also, on Sony's authorized dealer listing (http://www.sel.sony.com/cgi-bin/SEL/consumer/ss5/cgi/aid_list.pl) there is the following:
"All Authorized Dealers display the Sony Consumer Electronics Authorized Internet Dealer logo on their Web site.
Whenever you see this logo on a web site, click on it. It should take you back to this site to confirm the dealer has been authorized by Sony."

The reason for my concern regarding this point is that your prices are great, but when purchasing a product of this cost and complexity, I want to be sure I am getting what I am paying for. Please don't take this as an attack. I am just trying to avoid the internet scams we all hear so much about.
Thank you for the respone, and if there is a Sony logo on your site, I will definitely be buying from you.
Thanks again,
Christian

Username: Dropper

You know, I tried using that link, and it's an old one that doesn't work right anymore. I went to Sony's site to see if I could find anything on the program, and cannot find anything.

In fact, going to Amazon's Sony Store (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/226722) has the logo, but its check link points to a page (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/372287) on Amazon.

So, it doesn't look like Sony is even keeping up on "Sony Authorized Dealers" anymore. Only other thing I could find was a link to Sony's on Sony Style stores.

Keith

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
Keith,

Good to see you on here...thanks for choosing TapeWorks Texas for your purchase.

Christian,

I certainly understand your concern, and have no problem clearing things up. I believe the reason the person you spoke to at Sony had no idea who we are is because we are a dba (doing business as) since we have a parent company. Our parent company is VSA (Video Service of America) located in Lincoln, NE. The fact that we have them is also the same reason we have to charge tax in several states, since any state that they operate in, we are required to charge tax. With that said, even though you will be purchasing your TV from TapeWorks Texas, you are still purchasing from VSA (parent company) and it will even state that on your sales order and invoice you receive from me. It will be listed as such:

VSA, dba TapeWorks Texas.

If you ask your contact at Sony about VSA, or Video Service of America, located in Lincoln, NE, you will have no problems whatsoever. Anyone who has purchased from me in the past can verify this information, as it would be printed on any paperwork received from me. We are about as legit as they come.

If you have any further concerns or remarks, please let me know.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Username: Asot

Oregon USA

I know I'm a first time poster here, but have been lurking a bit. Thought I would chime in for Brian.

Hey Brian, I just ordered a KDSR50XBR1 from you... (the one going to Oregon).

One of the main reasons I ordered from Brian was the fact that he was a regular here.

I would like to confirm what Brian is stating as far as Video Service of America is concered. Bill of Lading shows the bill to address as VSA in Lincoln NE.

I would also like to say that Brian was a pleasure to work with. I was very leary about ordering online. Never know who your gonna get when you call Customer service at one of these online sites. Brian answered every question I had in a timely manner and when it came time to order, there was absolutely no pressure with extended warranties.

Excellent price too... the only negative I can see is waiting for it to get here. Im in Oregon and they ship from PA to TX and then to OR. About 2 weeks altogether. But, the wait was very worth it to me. I know I'm getting a new build and not some older one that comes from who knows where.

Christian: I hope this helps. I have also seen Brians name come up at AVS forums. Good responses from everybody I've heard. Good luck in your purchase.

Brian: Thanks for your help with this purchase for me. Still waiting... tracking it up through Idaho today... couple weather delays, but should be here in a couple days. Of course the trucking company would truck it right through the midwest storms. :-)

Anyway, good luck all.

Ron

Thanks for all of the responses. My concerns have all been addressed. The only thing I am waiting for is to hear if there is any news from the CES on March 16th about the next line of SXRD TVs from Sony. I am not sure if its worth the wait, but I have heard there is a 55inch coming out in July that has the 1080 connection for the HD-DVDs.

Post Number: 4
The following is a quote regarding the next generation of Sony Wega RPTVs. It is taken directly from this site: http://news.designtechnica.com/featured_article51_page2.html
"Sony also introduced three new Grand WEGA 3LCD models. These models -- the 55-inch KDF-55E2000 (around $3,000), the 50-inch KDF-50E2000 (around $2,500) and the 46-inch KDF-46E2000 (around $2,200) -- will debut during the summer and have a compact frame design with bottom speaker. They are HD ready, sporting two HDMI inputs and a high-definition front component input for HDV camcorders."
Check the link for a nice pic.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Christian,

Just to be clear, those models are NOT SXRD/XBR models. Also, the model pictured is not the new SXRD. Just want to make sure that's clear since that information was posted in this thread about the SXRD models.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 293
Yes it is replacing the A10 and A20 series.

Post Number: 5
I thought that price drop was too good to be true! And now I see your previous post, Brian, I will add my address to the list.
Thanks again

Username: John0001

I am looking for more information on the new SXRDsets. All I could find was this image from cnet at CES:

http://www.cnet.com/4831-11405-6413188.html

Is this what the production models will look like and does anyone have any better pictures? The only thing that is keeping me from getting the current SXRD is the ugly speakers on the current set. From what I can tell these sets will be much more attractive. Also, does July mean they will ship to customers in july or be available for order then?

Thanks,

John

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 119
More from c-nethttp://www.cnet.com/4531-10921_7-6465846.html

Username: Ju1cyfru1t

Click on one of Brian's links posted above. They are under his contact info. Not only will you get the info that you are looking for, you will see one of the better prices that you're likely to find on the internet. I would have purchased this TV from Brian already, but I'm waiting for the '06 models.

Brian is more than willing to give you any info you need. Email or call him and he will answer whatever questions you have.

Thanks,
Jon

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
50" and 60" SXRD currently in stock.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Username: Webmonkey

Post Number: 4
What is the difference between the following Sony XBR Tv's?

Sony KDF70XBR950

SONY QUALIA 006 KDS70XBR100

The first one can be had for a little over $4k and the other one is around $10k, but the picture size is the same. Is the DPI different? And is the Qualia a much better TV?

Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
Interested in the Sony KDSR60XBR1???

Those of you who have been waiting for an additional promo/discount, this might help!!!!

THIS WEEK ONLY, Sony is offering their matching stand, the SUGW12 stand, for
FREE!!!!

This is only for the 60" TV, and only THIS WEEK (ends May 26th). You must pay for the
shipping of $75 only, the $400 stand is free!

Please contact me immediately to take advantage of this offer!!!!!!

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
4930-B Dacoma
Houston, TX 77092
713-688-0696
TOLL FREE: 1-866-827-3489

Brian,

Do you have a picture of the stand? And what is shipping cost for this TV to zip code 72116? Also do you have extended warranties?

And do you know anything about the TV's that I mentioned in my above post?

Sony KDF70XBR950

SONY QUALIA 006 KDS70XBR100

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Monte,

A pic of the stand:

http://www.sonystyle.com/intershoproot/eCS/Store/en/imagesProducts/250x250/SUGW1 2.jpg

Please email me at tapeworksbrian@sbcglobal.net for quote information.

We do indeed offer extended warranties, from Mack (www.mackcam.com) and details can be found here:

http://tapeworkstexas.com/mack_warranty_combo.html
http://tapeworkstexas.com/mack_warranty_tv_only_.html

I'm not familiar with the XBR950. The Qualia is basically Sony's boutique line TV...it's only sound through installers, and since we don't do installs at TapeWorks Texas, we are not able to sell that particular item. The Qualia is a very high end TV.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
This special ends tomorrow, Friday, so don't forget!

For a reference point, as I've been receiving many inquiries, the 60" TV for Ecoustics.com members is $3300. Freight is going to run anywhere from $150 to $200 for the TV, usually around $150 if you are in or near a fairly large city. Then add the freight of $75 for the SUGW12 stand, and in most cases the total will be $3525.00 ($3300+$150+$75). If you add in the extended warranty combo to cover the TV for an additional 3 years and the bulb for 3 years, that is another $300 on top of that.

Thanks to all of you who have contacted me, it's been a pleasure speaking with you.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Username: Voltorb

Baltimore, MD

My timing stinks! Just found this forum while doing research for the 60" Sony SXRD. Wish I was doing this research last week!

Username: Liedas

Pickerington, OH United States

Brian,

Do you price match sites like BestBuyPlasma.com were they sell the TV's cheaper?

Post Number: 6
James,

That site want's $3099.99 for the TV and $313.50 for shipping. Which is a little over $3400 the most Brian is would be $3575 with the stand. The stand is well worth the $175

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
Happy Memorial Day guys!

My boss allowed me to order in some extra promo packages at the last minutes on Friday (he had told me all week that we wouldn't be doing that, then changed his mind), so we have a few extra ones to sell.

So, I will be in the office tomorrow morning at 9AM Central time...be sure to call me ASAP and I will still be able to get you the deal, or email me a contact number to reach you at tomorrow and I will make the calls first thing in the morning. I can't order any more, so once these are gone, they're gone.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
4930-B Dacoma
Houston, TX 77092
713-688-0696

P.S. James, call me and we can discuss the BestBuyPlasma deal...they're not a legit place, and they charge out the nose for shipping.

Username: Datman

Brian,

I saw a blurb in The Perfect Vision magazine that the 2nd gen SXRDs would be out by the end of July. Have you heard anything from SOny on your end?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
Santanu,

Nothing yet. I expect something soon, but I've been expecting it soon for a while now.

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Username: Jaylaforte

I just bought 2 Sony KDSR60XBR1s with the free stands from Brian and I just wanted to say that his customer service is superb. In a time where customer service has taken a backdoor to profit, it was refreshing to be able to deal with Brian. To anyone looking to purchase from TapeWorks, I highly recommend them. Thanks again for all of your hard work Brian - the TVs are AMAZING!! (now I just need an XBOX 360 :-) )

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
Jason, hope you and your parents enjoy the TVs!!

For those of you who were waiting for that final price drop and didn't want the stand so the free stand promo was of no use to you, well, here it is.

SONY HAS JUST ANNOUNCED WHAT IS LIKELY THE FINAL PRICE REDUCTION ON THESE UNITS, AS THEY ARE TO BE DISCONTINUED SOON.

EFFECTIVE MONDAY, 6/12/06

SONY SXRD KSR60XBR1 - $3050.00
SONY SXRD KSR50XBR1 - $2350.00

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
4930-B Dacoma
Houston, TX 77092
713-688-0696

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Sorry for the typo on the part numbers...should read:

SONY SXRD KDSR60XBR1 - $3050.00
SONY SXRD KDSR50XBR1 - $2350.00

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
4930-B Dacoma
Houston, TX 77092
713-688-0696

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
FYI - I've posted the information for the new 2006 SXRD models in a new thread. The KDS50A2000, KDS55S2000, and KDS60A2000 are listed in the following post:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/242781.html

Thanks,
Brian Pool
TapeWorks Texas
1-866-827-3489

Username: Tv_engineer

Lexington, KY US

I have had my KDS-60A2000 a couple of weeks, and I'm really pleased with it. My 2002 Hitachi 51SWX20B rear-project CRT developed HV shutdown issues and a gradually soft picture (only used one hour a day!), so I went for the SONY.

I turned off the iris ("Max" option) because it was intrusive, affecting small bright areas like the identifying banner. When average picture level is low, they lower the light level to improve blacks. In "Max" mode I still find the blacks to be excellent. You do get the choice.

There is a diagnostic display for DTV signals that displays signal to noise ratio. On my station its 33 db matches our test equipment at the transmitter.

The optical digital audio output is only for DTV signals, not analog. I connected a stereo cable to the audio receiver (Sony DM800). It senses the loss of digital and selects the stereo input.

I won't buy an early Blu-Ray so I have no 1080p source. The WEGA processing gives me the best SD video I've seen (FAR better than the Hitachi!!!), and even my SVHS into a composite input is surprisingly good. (It has only one SVid input that I use for another source. I liked the idea of running all video sources directly to the many inputs on the set.)

DVDs through a component input are the best I've seen. I have an upstairs DVD recorder with HDMI out, but no incentive to move it just for that output. The TV has two HDMI inputs.

It also, strangely, has separate NTSC tuners for cable and antenna modes. Another oddity is the "Wide" and "Normal" modes. In "Normal" and a DTV signal a 4:3 picture is square. In "Wide" it's an expected 4:3 shape. They even mention it in the manual. No big deal, it just stays in "Wide". There's also a "Wide Zoom" and you can adjust the vertical size almost to no vertical expansion.

I really like this thing!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us