Tivo menus look particularly bad

Username: Pross1492

Post Number: 1
I read several of these threads and got some helpful hints, but no clear answer to my problem. if this question is answered somewhere else, i apologize in advance to repeating it.

i got a tivo for christmas (series 2). i had an old 29" panasonic piece of crap at the time. i hooked up the tivo and it picture quality was noticably poorer. i shrugged it off because i planned on buying a new tv anyway, and i figured if the problem persisted with the new tv, id figure it out then. of course it did.
i now have a samsung 46" dlp, tivo, comcast digital cable with a frighteningly small motorola dct700 set to box (my gut tells me that thing is my problem, but i have no evidence whatsoever to prove that. the thing just seems way too small to do its job. and yet i digress.) http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/images/dct700_back.jpg

i have coax (obviously) from the wall to the cable box. composite cables from the box to the tivo. and coax again from the tivo to the tv. i know i should probably upgrade the cables to component or DVI, and i will. but that couldnt be the entire problem, could it?
the most glaring problem is the tivo menus/guide. they are particularly fuzzy. so that must be a problem occuring somewhere between the tivo box and the tv, right? otherwise, if the problem was before the tivo box, the menus would still be sharp and the image on the channels would be fuzzy? or am i all wet on this?

thanks in advance for any help.

Username: Pross1492

Post Number: 2
actually, last night i took a second look at the back of my tivo series 2 and realized that the best output option is s-video. so i guess i wont be using component cables to try and fix the problem.
anyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us