Need Help with two sat with two receiver

Username: Khopadi1

Post Number: 3
Hi, can any one help me trouble shoot this problem, I am using Pansat 2500 and 2700 recievers in two different rooms and I have two dish one is aim at 110 and other one is at 61.5 feed from two dish combine with disqc switch and from there it is split with spliter to go in two different rooms, I am getting both sat signal but it works only one Receiver at time, in oder to watch both sat one of the receiver has to be off. or they both has be either on 110 or 61.5.
Please help any suggetion is welcome

Bronze Member
Username: Rzoo4u2c

Post Number: 75
You need dual lnb's! You need lnb's that have 2 outputs each.With dual lnb's you can watch same sat different channels different rooms. They actually make quads, thats four outputs each.

Username: Khopadi1

Post Number: 4
Thanks RAC I try that.

Bronze Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 75
Its the splitter after the dsique that is the problem...remove it and U can run cable from disque to 1 receiver..for 2 receivers and 2 satellites and LNB's U need (see below)

U need the right combo of LNB's and switches.

This document is directed to novice,and slightly experienced hobbyists.Its purpose is to help those in need of answers to basic switching setups;It is not directed to those involving 2 or3 types of LNB's to 5 receivers...you should already be blueprinted.

You must determine your setup and gear.Here we will try to get you started with the most efficient and reliable switches.

One LNB to one receiver..............no switch needed
One LNB to two receivers...............no switch needed(requires a DUAL output LNB)
Two LNB's to one receiver............This can be done with any one of the following; AB switch/2x1 diseqc/4x1 diseqc/22Khz switch/4x4 multiswitch

(1) A/B switch from wallyworld or Ratshack;works great,switches every time...you will need 2 cables run to switch.
(2) 2x1 diseqc switch;works reasonably well;antennae settings must coincide with switch inputs.
(3) 4x1 diseqc switch;Probably the most widely spread and unreliable switch on the market.Performance level is abysmal.Does NOT like 2 different types of LNB,long cable runs,water,humidity,or anything else.Best brand by far for a good price is Chieta,and Spaun for high end...better be for the money.
(4) 22Khz switch; Very reliable tone switch.Easily installed and reasonably priced.One line from each LNB to switch,and one line out to receiver.Highly recommended.
(5) 4x4 multiswitch; Very versatile switch that requires dual LNB's.It can drive up to 4 receivers,and is 22Khz operated as well.These were around in the old D*V days and have an excellent track record and are highly recommended.

Two LNB's to two receivers..........This is where multiple switches is required in 3 of 4 examples.

(1) 2x1 diseqc switch;2 required for this installation,as well as 2 dual LNB's.The outputs from each LNB will go to a separate 2x1 switch,and from switch to receiver.
(2) 4x1 diseqc switch;2 required for this installation,as well as 2 dual LNB's.The outputs from each LNB will go to a separate 4x1 switch,and from switch to receiver.
(3) 22Khz switch; 2 required for this installation,as well as 2 dual LNB's.The outputs from each LNB will go to a separate 22Khz switch,and from switch to receiver.
(4) 4x4 multiswitch; 1 required for this installation,as well as 2 dual LNB's.The outputs from LNB #1 will go to Sat A inputs,and the outputs from LNB #2 will got to Sat B inputs.Do not be concerned with the 18v and 13v allocation,as the switch "freezes" these voltages within the unit.Set 1 sat to 22Khz ON,and the other to OFF(in your settings).
This unit can drive up to 4 receivers.

Three LNB;s to one receiver...........As much as we hate to say so,the 4x1 diseqc switch is the simplest(although not the most efficient) switch for this job.As the cost of these has dropped,so has the quality.

Four LNB's to one receiver..........Again,reluctantly,the 4x1 diseqc is the simplest choice.

Two LNB's to three receivers..........4x4 multiswitch

Two LNB's to four receivers............4x4 multiswitch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 LNB = 1 sat bird..but for Dishnetwork TV, most people want 2 satellites,the 110 and 119 birds reception on each receiver..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LNBF
1. Legacy:
a. single: called single legacy, one output.
b. dual: called dual legacy, 2 outputs.
c. twin: big fat lnbf, 2 outputs, has 2 SW21 switch built-in. (sw21 is not for FTA)
d. quad: big fat lnbf, 4 outputs, has 4 SW 21 switch built-in. (sw21 is not for FTA)
2: DishPro
a. single: called single DishPro, one ouput.
b. dual: called dual DishPro, 2 outputs.
c. twin: big fat lnbf, 2 outputs, has 2 independent Diseqc switch built-in (FTA-yes)
d. quad: big fat lnbf, 4 outputs, has 4 independent Diseqc switch built-in (FTA yes)

Dish Pro twin LNB gets both the 110 and 119 on 2 receivers..and no switches needed...

Dish pro LNB's cannot use legacy channel lists...need DP channel lists

sw21 switch are used with Dishnet receivers

disque switch is used with FTA receivers

DUAL LNB is for 1 satellite signal (example 110) and 2 receivers...TWIN LNB aka fatboy/fathead is for 2 satellites ( Example..110 and 119) AND 2 receivers .. there is much confusion about DUAL vs TWIN LNB's

tho
Unregistered guest
LK,

If I have only 1 cable run into the house, is there anyway to use multiple receivers to watch different channels ? Of course, I can install as many switches as needed but they will be outside the house.
Thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
NO...1 cable inside = 1 receiver inside to watch different channels

Bronze Member
Username: Aam

Post Number: 61
@ LK

I lost Echo 7 channels all of a sudden, shows scrammbled or no signal, or no quality while signal is there. How do I fix that? Echo 6.8 is working fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
check the receiver configuration...disque switch settings..or cables from the 119 LNB..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
@ LK

Everything us UNTOUCHED, it used to work fine before as of the day b4 yesterday this happened.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
@ LK

Someone was telling me that I should change the LNB type from Standard to something else and that sould solve the problem, is that true? It is happening with both of my receivers, I have a Viewsat xtreme and Megasat.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Standard is correct...I didn't say U touched anything...I did say CHECK!...just cause U haven't touched anything doesn't mean nothing has changed!

wind can blow and move dish...cables can become brittle or weather beaten..squirrel or bird on cable ..surges can change antenna and disque config settings..disque switches go bad...etc...

and U provide NO info...all U say is my 119 doesn't work..I have NO crystal ball ..and I haven't mastered mind reading yet!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
@ LK

Some channels on Echo 7 show Bad or scrammbled channel that means it is receiving the singnal and quality, even when I do blind scan I receive a whole bunch of channels but no HBOs (except for in Spanish) and no Cartoon Network, I loaded the channel list but still with no luck. Checked the satellite, cables and the LNB everything is exactlly the same. I am lost!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
As I've posted here 50x already.....many of the channels on TP's have been moved to other TP's by DN...scan the TP's...thats your problem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
@ LK

I did the blind scan, doesn't that to the TP scan?

Anonymous

keys are changing soon. thats why there some lost channels. just wait awhile.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us