Why some channels break up?

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 104
3 of my hd channels "pixilate" badly while the other 13 could not be better. i am guessing that there is a problem with the dvr tuner. comcast is due tuesday with a new box with hdmi connections. i have a pioneer pro930hd bur plsn to continue using component video.

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 580
It could be a problem in the QAM signal. Since it's only affecting 3 channels, I'd guess you have some form digital ingress that is causing the break up. Have your provider look into your signal to noise ratio on those frequencies, as well as general signal level strength.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
thanks, they will be here tommarow. when they installed, the guy put in an amplifier on my cable in. it plugs into an outlet and runs to the splitter. i am now getting a "break up on about 5 or 6 of the hd channels.

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
cable guy found problem in box at the street. seems fine now. great tech, gave me his cell no. and said any problems call him direct.

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 605
bill~ sounds like you found one of the good ones! It's nice to know there are others out there lol. Thanks for the update
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us