Pefectly legal

cwcwcw
Unregistered guest
This is a very informative post about your legal rights and FTA from another site. C&P

Hi everyone. Let me just start by saying that i am a smaller dealer that just got into this FTA business. I used to buy, but now i sell. After viewing these forums, i found that there was an important post missing, regarding the real legal situation and FTA.

So, what did i do? I just paid $800 to meet for a few hours with a lawyer that is very knowledgeable in telecommunications. Here is what i can pass on, for free.

IS FTA LEGAL IN NORTH AMERICA

Absolutely. By definition, it is FREE to air. Free channels, and a reciever to watch them with. There is nothing wrong with Free to Air. The goverment knows that, the big companies (b3ll, echoshit, cable companies) know it, and so should you. Free to Air has been around long before all of this craze revolving around the industry. Nothing has changed

IS IT LEGAL TO BUY FTA RECEIVERS FROM ANY WEB SITE

Absolutely. It doesn't really matter which site is selling the reciever, if it is FTA, then you can purchase it. Even if the site advertises illegal decryption, you can still buy it, as long as when you recieve it, you are watching FTA. That is why there are factory manufacturer software files. You are not responsible for the marketing of the web site. Only they are.

If you buy steak knives from a site that condones murder, because you like the brand of knives, you can rest assured that no one is coming knocking at your door for any crime. This is the same. Maybe your unit was "pre-flashed" when sent, but then who's to say you didn't flash it back right away, and watch FTA channels? maybe the price was right, or the model was hard to find. Either way, you are legally free to purchase anywhere.

IF MY DEALER GETS INTO LEGAL TROUBLE, AM I AT RISK TOO?

No. Unlike DTV hack equipment, you are safe from being "sued" or pursued for purchasing FTA. With DTV, there really was no other reason for getting a LOADER other than to program cards. Sure, you could argue you like to test atmel chips, but basically, if your dealer was busted, you were in big trouble.

FTA is different. A dealer can get in trouble for marketing a certain way, or for modifying units. But you, as an end-user, are never at risk, simply because FTA receivers are fully legal. It would take a stakeout at your house, watching you download encrypted channels to come after you for signal theft. If you see an ice-cream truck with antennas outside your home, watch out. Other than that, don't even think about it.

SHOULD I BE CONCERNED ABOUT ANYTHING?

Not at all. If you ever get a phone call from Echoshit, B#ll, or a lawyer's office, never, even for a second, worry about it. They are not coming after you. They would simply want information on your dealer. Don't incriminate yourself by even listening to the call. Politely say "I only watch FTA programming..bye..i'm in the middle of dinner". Because you are not at risk, never put yourself in this situation. They can never prove otherwise. Remember, you are only watching FTA programming. Period.

THE FUTURE

Basically...Just enjoy TV. Don't worry. Don't be paranoid. No one is ever coming after you. No one is suing you. No one is watching you. No one can prevent you from watching FTA television. Don't even worry about your dealer, and records of purchase. As far as the law is concerned, you purchased FTA. Let your dealer sort out any messes. It doesn't concern you. You should just watch TV.

Yes...this post cost me a pretty penney. But I wanted to be sure, and I wanted to fully understand my legal position. Hopefully, dealers will copy this email and send it to their customers so everyone can be properly informed. At least post it on your websites. It will make visitors/customers of your site much more comfortable purchasing products. End C&P

I have known all along that these box's would be very hard to prosecute for B3ll or *******, after all they are Free To Air units made by various manufacturers. You aren't modifying ******* cards or receivers

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 303
Hey cwcw; Thanks for the post, very informative, but if "they" come knocking on my door I must be in trouble due to the fact "they" had to make it past my 100lb. rotweiler after climbing the gate...

Bronze Member
Username: Thill_luvs_cock

Post Number: 88
you spent $800 just to be told that...you fcuking retard...all that is commen sense, you could of paid me the money and I would of told you that...fcuking fruit-tart...ROTF

Bronze Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 23
That is a VERY VERY old post that is 100% untrue!....its a lie and incorrect..U cannot buy or even possess any electronic device that has been "altered" to receive any encrypted satellite signals!....FTA receivers are legal,as long as they have NOT been modified with software etc to receice DN, Bev or any subscribed scrambled encrypted signals...U will go down, NOT the dealer!...that post is very misleading!...and it applies to BOTH Canada and the US!

Username: Lk_sucks_dick

Post Number: 1
Re-Read the post you fcuking idiot..it says

"you can still buy it, as long as when you recieve it, you are watching FTA. That is why there are factory manufacturer software files. You are not responsible for the marketing of the web site. Only they are."

What part of that don't you understand...if you buy the FTA in it's original condition..it's perfectally legal to own, what you do once you get it home is up to you...fcuking looser..ROTF

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 304
Hey LK; He had me fooled, although I was a little skeptical after reading the disclaimers posted all over DSS sites that had dnlds available. Thanks for the heads-up, now I have to go take down the sign I just erected claiming "I am watching free PPV movies"...LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 25
"I just paid $800 to meet for a few hours with a lawyer"

Why would it take a few hours for an attorney to tell U this!...and $800 for what any attorney normally will give a "FREE" consulation for that would only take about 15 minutes!...think about it!...its a BS post,written by a dealer or seller to suck U into thinking U can do whatever U want as long as its an FTA receiver!

"Let your dealer sort out any messes. It doesn't concern you. You should just watch TV."...yeah, tell Charlie, the FCC, and the law enforecment officials that!...LOL

"Hopefully, dealers will copy this email and send it to their customers so everyone can be properly informed. At least post it on your websites. It will make visitors/customers of your site much more comfortable purchasing products."...obviously a BS marketing scam!...LOL

"They are not coming after you. They would simply want information on your dealer"...yeah right again...and then they will shake your hand for being so naiive and an honest gullible citizen, wanting to watch ONLY the TRUE FTA channels too!....LOL

Whoever originally posted this BS,must think people are really STUPID to even consider these false statements as even remotely somewhere near the truth!...LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us