How do I transfer DV to my computer

Username: Mike1369

Post Number: 1
My video camera is JVC model GR-DVL520 with a DV port. Computer is HP pavilion laptop running Windows XP home version, 1.2 GHz. I have a plug in card that provides two USB 2 ports and two ports of firewire, one is four wire, the other is six wire. DVD burner can be connected to the USB 2 port and is made by LG, model GSA-2166D. It says it can record on all types of DVDs.

I don't necessarily need to be able to play real time on my PC, but I do want to be able to edit scenes, add audio and record this edited video to the burner.

The JVC manual says I can record video via the DV port, but says nothing more.

Before I rush out and buy cables and software, how do I get the data on to my hard drive?

vcr
Unregistered guest
If the camera has a firewire port IEE1384 and you can get ULEAD DVD Movie factory software, than all you need to do is open the computer, start the camera, hook the camera with the comp through fire wire cable and follow ULEAD instructions. By the other hand IEE1384 is a standard, are you sure that what you're describing as firewire 4 or 6 is not modem and ethernet? If that's the case (modem and ethernet) you will need or a firewire IEE1384, or a video aquisition card for your comp.This works as a video line in and you have to use also the sound line in of your comp. This way you get analog video/audio in, and if the DV port from your camera is also analog (video/audio out/in) you will be able to record the signal in an analog way.The digital video via ULEAD is only possible with a firewire conection
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us