DirecTV poor picture

Bronze Member
Username: Amateur_mike

Post Number: 15
I recently started subscribing to DirecTV in order to get HDTV, though I'm still saving $$ for my 60" Sony SXRD. Acordingly, I am viewing my new DirecTV signal on an older model Sony rear projection TV. My new picture is very disappointing. Everything looks washed out or white-ish (not snowy). My old BellSouth cable was far superior and the DVD and VCR pictures still look fine. Over the phone trouble-shooting was unhelpful, so I will probably have to get a technician out (not sure if it will be the same one who did the install). Meanwhile, any thoughts from this auagust forum would be very welcome. FWIW my signal is played through the Sony's VHS option, rather than Video 1 or Video 2, etc -- I have no idea if that matters. Many thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
bump -- I really would appreciate some help....

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 309
Hey Mike; More chances of help at the correct forum, try DTV, this is FTA, just testing to see if we can get free sh1t and then deleting immediately...LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 47
Thats what U pay DTV for..your problem has nothing to do with these DSS forums..DSS either works or it doesn't..

Grimreeper
Unregistered guest
try a diff input might help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Thanks, guys, especially Grimreeper. I admit to being confused given the description of this thread, but I'll look elsewhere.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
LK or whomever,
Which forum is appropriate? I checked and this one seems right. As my unsername reveals I'm admittedly an amateur -- don't even know what DSS is. But it looked to me like this is the forum for satellite and DirecTV. What am I missing?

Grimreeper
Unregistered guest
what are you using to hook to your tv Svideo,rca cables,coax? Svideo into the video 1 or 2 would have the best pic unless you have RGB component wich puts out the best picture

Beat_This
Unregistered guest
Mike, if you want best picture, use either S-Video, Component or RCA, if you want the best picture possible, use Component and best of all is HDMI cable for superior quality. It is all your connections and nothing else. If you need help more about this, you should check some Home Theater forums on this site and other sites. This is to do with your connection and cabling setup and nothing to do with your receiver or DTV unless there is a receiver problem or Dish alignment problem. Good luck!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Thanks, guys. Very helpful. I really appreciate it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
The S-Video did the trick! Thanks again!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us