Help Please

eddylives
Unregistered guest
Hows it going?
I have read until my eyes crossed and still do not fully understand how to hook up my new dish.

Right now I have a Kusat PRO2600A digital reciever hooked to a 20" pan with a dish LNB and can watch 110 or 119 by moving the dish

Now I have picked up a 22" bell dish with 2 bell dual LNBF AE128 , it also has 2 dish network SW21 switches hooked to it.

Can this dish be hooked to my reciever to get 110 , 119 and if it can - be explained in easy to follow terms??

This is all very confusing to do when I have to try to piece together info from a number of different sources

Any help would be appreciated

eddylives
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the intelligent reply ????
Your parents must be proud of you asshat

Now is there anyone out there that can be of help?

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 323
Well my first question would also be what is a KUsat2600a is it a FTA reciever?
Sorry for the rudeness of certain people here.

eddylives
Unregistered guest
Yes , kusat is a fta reciever
I was just wondering about the mixed info about the set up and switches that I have
Some say yes they will work , others say no ???

BTW I have read many posts in this forum and someones insecurity really shines through lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 324
have you checked other sites like
Hash*HU.com
Dss*Tester.com
DSS*central.net
Al*7bar.tk in each case remove the star.
any of these sites may be able to help you if you get no answers here.
THERE MIGHT BE A PROBLEM WITH THE FACT THAT IT HAS A LBNF BUT I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THAT, NEVER USED AN LBNF,BUT I THINK THERE IS A DIFFERANCE.
If the real Thill comes on he might be able to answer your question.
Sorry I could not be of more help to you.
the system you have has not been mentioned here before that I know of.

eddylives
Unregistered guest
No problem , I have lots of time lol

eddylives
Unregistered guest
Yet more profound words from the asshat
Sounds like someone needs their mommy watching what they do on the computer
If you have any intelligent input feel free to help out.
Otherwise go and engage in your little words elsewhere with your other small minded kind
This is for you TLC (mabey thats what is missing from its little world LOL)

Silver Member

Post Number: 326
EDDY DON'T FALL INTO THE TRAP, JUST LET HIM BABBLE DON'T ANSWER IT JUST ENCOURAGES THEM MORE.

eddylives
Unregistered guest
Oh , its okay Slo

They just keep looking un-intelligent
Unable to do anything better with their lives
The more he spouts off the better I feel about myself , not being such an asshat loser that has to try being a toughguy in front of a keyboard
It is actually quit amusing to read all the dribble that this TLC thing thinks is so informative and profound

So can anyone inform me of the answer other than TLC??

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1232
If you're already watching 110 and 119 just by moving the dish then you shouldn't have much of a problem. I have no idea what kind of FTA that is but it will not work with the SW21 switches. Remove them. Install a 4 in 1 Diseqc switch, point the dish at 110 where you have your old dish pointing now. The other LNB on there should be 119. You may have to do a little tweaking to get a good signal. The dish and LNBs will work fine, you just can't use the switches.

And Slo_Hand2...just so you'll know, they're all called LNBFs now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
ok thanks maple

eddylives
Unregistered guest
Thank you very much ML , that is what I was afraid of , there are many conflicting statements all over about this

BTW it works very well to have TLC keep your post at the top until the right people can answer your questions , WAY TO GO BUDDY

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1237
The 4in 1 switch is only $20.00. For the best one made.

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 293
Hey Maple and eddy; for 20.00 you could have gotten a dn twin lnb and elimiated the switch and one of the dishes, You could still eliminate one of the dishes by "strapping", the two lnb`s together, just make sure you aim the left one for 119, just a little tweaking and 110 will come in. I mean setting the skew(twist).

eddylives
Unregistered guest
Thanks hitch, I have a dish with dual LNB,s , dual outs on each so I should be able to set it up as soon as I have the right switches to do so
Soon I will have two receivers running 110 and 119
The skew is 108* here according to an installer I talked to today

Have a good one.

Username: Ashahbiz

San jose, CA USA

Post Number: 2
I have two dish 500, one with 2 LNB units(dish #1) for 110 & 119 respectively (i believe) and the other one (dish #2) to catch the international channels . I would like to use them with my pansat 3500S receiver.

The dish was setup by the dishnetwork folks when i got their subscription. The way it is setup is that there is a cable coming out from dish #2 that goes in #1 and there is a single cable coming out from dish #1 that goes into a seperator which in turn is hooked up to my dish network receiver. My assumption is that there's supposedly a switch of some sort on dish #1 that takes 3 inputs (for 110,119,121) and has one output.

Now, the question is:

If i use the output cable and hook it up on my receiver and do 3 scans with different diseqc, i get all the channels but as expected switching channels from one sat to the other creates a problem.

What i then did was took out the dish #2 cable (that goes in #1) and hooked that up on the 4-in-1 lnb switch that i have and as expected things are working great as far as international channels go. The question now is what should i do for 110 & 119.

Bronze Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16
It sounds like DN did a butcher job at your house..NO need for 2 roof dishes first of all..

run the outgoing single cable # 1 directly into the disque also along with # 2 that is working good at disque..I believe both 110-119 are on it (#1) with a Twin LNB sw21 switch,but the disque should straighten it out and override it..

San jose, CA USA

Post Number: 3
LK,

I am just a bit confused by the response. Once again, as it stands, i have a cable coming out from dish #2 and one coming out from dish #1 (which is probably the output of the 110 and 119 in). If i read your post correctly, you are saying, hook up #1 and #2 into a twin LNB switch and have that output go to the Dish??? Did you mean have that go to the receiver?

I am also guessing that the twin LNB sw21 switch is different from the 4in1 diseqc lnb switch that i have.

thx for you reply.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
NO...Dish #1 probably has a twin LNB for 110-119, run it (the 1 outgoing cable) to the disque switch

Dish #2 has 121 and run that too to the 4x1 disque switch..

Now run the 1 cable from disque to your receiver..and now configure your receiver using the remote..

San jose, CA USA

Post Number: 4
Thx LK for the response. What you have suggested is precisely what i already had. I had the 110/119 combined output going into the LNB1 in the diseqc switch and 121 going into the LNB3 and the output of the switch going into the receiver.

Now, while configuring my receiver to receive 110 & 119 programmming, i had two sats with similiar configuration (same LNB frequency(11250) and same diseqc 1 setting). I then scanned both sats individually and received all the channels but the problem that i had originally run into was that while switching from 110 to 119 channels (or vice-a-versa), i would run into "signal not found" issue and hence i concluded that i can only have (121 & 110) OR (121 & 119) at a time, to have all three work together, i have to have 3 cables coming out of my two dishes or do something different.

Am I doing this correctly (scanning 110 and 119 individually with exact same configuration)?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
there is NO LNB AT the disque switch!...the Twin LNB has 1 cable coming out of it but has 2 satellites , 110-119...run it from the LNB (LNB is up and attached to the roof dish) to the disque switch

Dish #2 run it from LNB to disque

SO now U have ONLY 2 cables INTO the disque (110-119 on Disg #1, and 121 in dish #2...now run 1 cable from disque to the receiver...

Now congigure your receiver for disque1, disue2, disque 3...disques1 119,disque2 110, disque3 121

I cannot explain it any simpler..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us