Connection question..DVD/Cable box/DLP?

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 83
My new Panasonic DMR-EH50S is on the local UPS truck to be delivered today and after many in my mind scencerios I think I may have a setup that works for watching one channel while recording another even with upper (100-916) channels. If I take the incoming cable line and split it and run one to my DMR-EH50S RF in and then RF out of DMR-EH50S to the SA 3250HD box and the other Coax line to the DLP for watching lower channels when recording upper channels, (I already have DVI(for HDTV) & SVideo(for all other channels) lines out of the SA Cable box to DLP). Then send a set of A/V cables from the cable box back to the DVD for recording the upper channels.. Will this work?
Other concerns in this setup are:
1. Will the Digital box (Coax) get the signal if Panasonic DMR-EH50S is off?
2. How do you tell the DMR-EH50S which to record off (RF or A/V Line), & will it still get the TV Guide setup through the A/V Connection for setting program recordings.
3. Will there be a confict with the DMR-EH50S getting signals from both RF & A/V Connections?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2070
Instead of connecting to the recorder then the box, use a splitter on the incoming cable and connect to the box and the recorder. The remote should have an input button to change from tuner to line, if not go through the channels till you get to line. The TV guide won't set up through the AV, it has to come over the coax. There is no problem with coax and A/V both.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us