Virgin request-Dreambox 500S-Dish500 quad DP LNB

Username: Bubba123321

Post Number: 1
Hi, I am setting up my system from scratch. I think I've setteled on 3 Dreambox 500S and a Dish 500 with DishPro twin/quads lnbf. I need to set up 3 rooms. I have 3 questions.
1) I want this to work with Tivo. Will I be able to use the Tivo Channel lineup?
2) Do I need the twin/quads lnbf to be able to drive 3 TV's
3)I heard that this setup will Need to use modified transponder list but I dont know what that means.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Grimreeper
Unregistered guest
Get a superdish and 3 viewsat or cool-sat boxes and a dvd recorder cost ya less money just a thought.Ide get a superdish or dish100 for better reception and they handle 4 receivers too.you do need a dish with outputs for each receiver

Gold Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 1353
IF U are getting a Dreambox then go talk to...pride3ms.com ...they are an authorized dealer who will answer all your questions now and while setting it up

1..dunno about Tivo
2..quad for more than 2 receivers..
3..no biggie ..DP LNB's has their own channel lists

Username: Bubba123321

Post Number: 2
thanks for the input.

It looks like Dish 500 with DP quad is still the way to go for me. good idea on the dish100 but i dont think i'll need better reception and it's unclear to me what any addtional sats beyond 110 and 119 will get me.

After reading up on this site , it seems there is a strong bias towards the Coolsat5000. If I decided to go with this instead of the dream box 500, what functionality would i loose? thanks again for your help.

thanks in advance for your input

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1196
I don't. I would reccommend the Dreambox. It has a Linux operation system. The others don't. But they are cheaper. Just depends on what you want to do with it. And you can get 110, 119, and 91 unless you want ethnic programming and then there's other sats available. No matter what unit you get, you will have to use a Dishpro channel list which is not the common but is readily available.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us