Getting DVR to Work with Digital Cable ?

Phenom
Unregistered guest
I hear a DMR-E85H does work with digital cable just not well. anyone know how to get it to work ?

fx
Unregistered guest
Run an analog connection (S-Video) from the cable box to the E-85. Digital signals cannot be recorded (yet) by any DVD recorder.

xvxvxvx

Bernie P
Unregistered guest
can anyone help me with instructions to setting up a dvr to my tv and direct tv satallite set up. I have connected it like the instructions said but the only thing the dvr does is turn on. I can't get it to do anything else. Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bernie P
lapolock@aol.com

Username: Jono63

Post Number: 4
fx would the quality of an S-video connection be of a better quality of an RCA connection>>>??? as i am now running RCA connections and the recording quality is poor looks like standard quality, but iv seen footage recorded on a TiVo and it is HD so wats the deal?? either S-video sends a superior picture by far or u can record in HDTV sumhow?

Bernei P, i have a satelite conection and i hooked up my satellite reciever INTO the TV, as well as into the "IN" ports on the DVR and then use another set of RCA cables from the "OUT" RCA ports into the TV's 2nd AV connection,theres another way to do it, but i found this had the better picture quality...so far as i dont have S-video or component cables....

thanks any help would be apreciated
Jono

Username: Barry_f

Post Number: 1
When programming a Pioneer-DVR 533H for future recording from a digital cable box must the digital cable box be left on...or is it activated by the DVR when it turns on?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us