Help in Adding another LNB

LNB_Qstn
Unregistered guest
I want to add another LNB to my superdish to get BEV. How easy is it? What kind of tools i need to add it? Any possibility that I can lose the existing LNBs if I did something wrong when i am trying to add the new LNB? Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.

Maybe
Unregistered guest
Maybe it is possible to use the same LNB for both only able to watch one sat at a time ofcourse?

Gold Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 1331
1 LNB = 1 satellite

Maybe
Unregistered guest
Does that mean an LNB is always fixed on a position?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1332
Yes,unless U go on the roof and move it..

Anonymous

Viewsats having problems with motor

Username: Mail4here

Post Number: 6
How about dual LNB ?
say dual LNB is pointing to 61.5 satellite, so can i get another sat without moving LNB ?

thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1185
One LNB, whether it's single output or dual output equals one sat only. If you want another sat besides 61.5, you need another LNB and maybe a dish.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1335
Dual LNB ONLY means it had 2 outputs for 2 receivers,NOT 2 LNB's to receive 2 different satellite signals...that is called a TWIN LNB that receives 2 different satellite signals AND has 2 outputs also..A TWIN LNB is housed/mounted together on 1 dish

1 LNB= 1 satellite (single or dual output)
2 LNB = 2 satellites (twin LNB with dual output)
3 LNB = 3 satellites

The LNB's are the "eyes" in front of and attached to the dish...The dish does NOT receive the signal..The roof dish acts as a reflector,and bounces/reflects the signal to the LNB's which via cables sends it to the receivers and then to the TV..

Thanks_LK
Unregistered guest
Thanks LK! How easy for a newbie to add another LNB (4th) on a superdish-121? I'm afraid I will mess up the working LNBs by mistake then I will have nothing to watch ;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1338
I would add another dish with a single or TWIN LNB...I would NOT mess with the 3 LNB superdish anymore..I presume u have 110-119-121 on the superdish..I have heard that the 61.5 might be moving or going away...I don't think that satellite is worth it,myself..maybe U want 91W Bev, but with the present 3LNB's U should have many channels..

Thanks_Again_LK
Unregistered guest
Yes I have 110, 119 and 121 now and I'm willing to give up 121 for 91w. My landlord won't let me add another dish. If I use 91w for 121, would you recommend that LK? Will that be easy to do? Thanks again for your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1341
NO..I don't recommend it..121 is 30 degrees away from 91...U will have to realign all your LNB's I think..I don't know your LNB config..

3LNBs4now
Unregistered guest
Okay. I will stay with the 3 I have got for now LK. Please continue helping newbies like me. I'm sure everyone decent here appreciate your helping mind.

3LNBs4now
Unregistered guest
Okay. I will stay with the 3 I have got for now LK. Please continue helping newbies like me. I'm sure everyone decent here appreciate your helping mind.

91W&97W
Unregistered guest
LK, my friend has legit globecast for 97w. If he uses a Twin LNB, could he get both 91W and 97W from the same dish? Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1358
NO...different polarization on the LNB's

91W uses a circular LNB

97W uses a linear LNB

Circular_Linear
Unregistered guest
Thanks! It is not possible to combine the both on the same dish I guess. Appreciate your response as always ;)

Username: Thillisback

Post Number: 2
yes it is..or use universal LNB's

BEV91&T597
Unregistered guest
Does that mean I can buy a Universal Twin LNB and replace it with the LNB I'm using now for 97w and point the LNBs for 91w and 97w to get both T5 and BEV? OR Leave the current LNB there for 97w and add another universal LNB for 91w? Thanks again for all your help LK.

Bronze Member
Username: Thillisback

Post Number: 17
NO just add a circular LNB for 91w Bev

Thank_YOU_LK
Unregistered guest
Thanks for all your responses on this subject LK !!!

british k
Unregistered guest
thill; can i use a DTV (single lnb dish) to hook 121 and how i configure for pansat 2500? thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 297
Hey british; I`m not thill, but I read many of his posts and in doing so have learned a little. The answer to UR ? is yes. Configuring it U will have to read 4 urself. I test vwst. & clst., all I know. Pansat set-up guides are everywhere, here included. I don`t have the links, U can go to any dss site and if they have a search feature use is. Good luck.

British K
Unregistered guest
thanks thehitch; i think the reason why i dont find 121 is because my lnb is circular for dtv and i need a linear lnb. maybe if i use a universal lnb can find 121 sat.

Bronze Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 19
The following example satellites (visable in N.America) are transmitting with a linear polarized signal:

SBS 6 @74.0°W http://www.lyngsat.c o m/sbs6.html
AMC 5 @79.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/amc5.html
AMC 9 @85.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/amc9.html
IA 6 @93.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/ia6.html
IA 5 @97.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/ia5.html
AMC 1 @103.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/amc1.html
AMC 2 at 105.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/amc2.html
EchoStar 9 @121.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/echo9ia13.html

NO...U cannot use a DTV LNB which is a circular polarity to receive the 121 bird..YES , U need a linear LNB, but U can use a Universal LNB also..and run it directly to your receiver since its only a single LNB on the dish unless U are going to keep the DTV lNB up there for the 110 or 119...then run them through a disques and configure your receiver correctly using the remote..

Receiver Configuration set up

With the Receiver unplug

1. Connecting all the RCA cable from the TV to the receiver, and connect RG-6 Cable to the receiver, then
Plug in power cord on the receiver.

2. You should see the Language Menu on the TV screen, select English.

3. "CAS SYSTEM" set up, just following the 3A, 3B and 3C steps

3A). Press menu, scroll down to select Parental Control then press OK.
3B). Scroll down to PIN #2, then enter you 4 digits password.0000
If you enter correct PW, it will take you into the CAS SYSTEM menu windown.
3C). In the CAS SYSTEM menu, scroll down to SET DEFAULT KEY, then press OK. Then exit to main menu page.

In the future; if you have to edit the Dishnet key, just following the step #3 to get into the CAS SYSTEM menu,
to edit the key go here Here is how to update key with a screen shoot

4. From the MAIN MENU: selecting INSTALLATION then Antenna setup Option.

These are my dish set up and DiSeqC multi switch configuration;
DiSeqC #1 SuperDish Echo9-IA 13 Dishnet 121
DiSeqC #2 Echo8.6/Ku 110W,
DiSeqC #3 Echo7/Ku at 119W

Satellite: ECHO 9(121) same as dish 105
Lnb type-Standard
Lo freq-10750
22khz-OFF
DiseqC- #1
Skew: O
TP: leave it as is
Positioner-Disable.

Satellite: ECHO 6,8(110)
Lnb type-Standard
Lo freq-11250
22khz-OFF
DiseqC-#2
Positioner-Disable.

Satellite: ECHO 7(119)
Lnb type-Standard
Lo freq-11250
22khz-OFF
DiseqC-#3
Positioner-Disable.

5. Check the signal and Quality level highest as you can (adjust the dish slightly to improve the signal strength).
If you get no quality level on transponders, try others before giving up, because not all TPs are transmitting,
if necessary Re-aim your dish IF still not getting any quality signal

6. Press the Exit button, press OK to save setting, the back to the Main Menu

7. Go back to the Installation Menu

8. Goto SATELLITE SCAN or BLIND SCAN, press OK, select the satellite to scan.
You have to scan all the satellites have, once it complete, you should be able to watching TV

BRITISH KNIGTH
Unregistered guest
Thanks largo key; the switch used w/super dish works w/pansat2500? and skew must be "0" ? My pansat was working fine w/separate dtv dishes. but i replaced both 110 and 119 w/dish 500. to conect the others to 121 and 105. but when i connect the diseqc switch w/reciver on, and when i return to watch tv this only gets 110 on lnb 1 and on lnb2 for 119 never works again, i switched 1 for 2, and only watch 119, i disconect lnb 1 on switch and see 110 only connected to lnb 2, i make a lot of combinations and is the same only get the lnb 1, or the next one, i return the conection to my old dishes and they dont works too, and i turned off the back switch of receiver pansat 2500a no clone several times and nothing hapens. there is any chance that my diseqc switch is bad or maybe the box dont send changes to the switch? thanks again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Disque switches go bad...U have me somewhat confused..U haven't explained what your setup is..

For the 110- 119..run each cable from LNB's on Dish #1 directly to receiver from ,scan the satellite and this will ensure U are aligned correctly on BOTH..

Now , I think U have a 2nd dish with the 105 and 121, do the same as Dish #1 , run cables drectly to LNBsand scan the satellites...IF No 2nd dish and U have 4 LNB's on 1 dish..then just scan all the satellites...when U know all the LNB's are aligned/aimed correctly, then hook the cables into a 4x1 dique switch...now configure your receiver as I posted above (notice diff freq in the 121 and 105 LNB's)U have the 121,110,119 and the 105..now U should get all the 4 satellites on 1 receiver..input the dique #'s the same way as U plug the LNB's into the exterior disque switch..

now upload your latest bin, set the default keys, and watch TV..

BRITISH KNIGTH
Unregistered guest
Thanks LK; I aimed correctly for 110 and 119 directly to the reciever, scaned each and watch tv. But when i connected diseqc switch only watch disqc # 1, if i connect anithing in diseqc #2,#3, #4, i watch no signal, if i switch cables to the diseqc switch always watch only #1 (110 or 119).
with this happening icant aim correctly 121 and 105, when i think is correct scan and 119 appears. I apreciate your help. a Diseqc is way home. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Rzoo4u2c

Post Number: 68
What size dish to use for sats with linear lnb, such as 97,105,121?

Anonymous

free to air dishes which are 30 and larger...you can use smaller dishes but it is harder to get the signal, especially if you are using circular polarity lnb use for dishnet. you can use circular lnb but you will need to align it really well to get a decent signal...you can get reception with about 50% quality and have no problem with picture or sound unless there is a storm. when using linear for circular or vise versa, you sometimes lose either vertical or horizontal signals.

Bronze Member
Username: Rzoo4u2c

Post Number: 70
I bought a invacom qph-031 lnbf it has two outputs circular and two outputs linear. My plan 80cm dish min. maybe 90cm, H-H motor and that lnb. hooked to Co*lsat. Diseq switch to existing dish lnb's and other (newdish) hooked up to diseq switch for other sats besides 110 and 119.i think that'll work...comments welcome.

Silver Member

Fla.

Post Number: 333
Hey thill or NE-1 with help; I have vwst. plt., am trying to configure diseq swtch. I have dp aligned for 110&119, I added 2nd dish @ 91. I can`t seem to find the correct switch set-up, all I now can watch is 91. 110&119/port 1, 91/port 3. Tried switching around and various combinations of 22k on/off. I either get nothing or 91 only. Tried rebooting, nada. Is the DP built-in sw. interfereing with the diseq sw.? Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thank you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
So U have 110-1, 119-2, 91-3?

Silver Member

Fla.

Post Number: 335
Hey thill; No I have a single cable coming from a DP 500, used for sub. It has both 110&119 combined from the Dish Pro hence only port one is used for both 110&119, that`s why I asked if DP switch was interfereing with diseqc sw. I think I tried all combinations and must surmise it won`t work, at least with-in my limited scope of understanding. I think I read somewhere using the two switch in tandem was akin to comparing apples and oranges.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
IF U sub to DN,then that TWIN LNB (110-119...2LNB's in 1 unit with 2 outputs for 2 receivers but each cable/output has both 110 and 119) has a built in sw21 switches which don't work with FTA..

Silver Member

Fla.

Post Number: 337
Thanx LK; That would explain Y I couldn`t find any combination to work. I should have trusted my instincts, I thought I read can`t mix "apples and oranges", in re: switches, but I wasn`t sure of my recollection, so I tried. I learned something, not soon forgotten, thank you LK...

Eye
Unregistered guest
ok, I read the above info, but I have a question. I'm receiving echo6,8 but I don't know where 61.5 is located. I have a dual LNB pointing sw at 42 degrees and I'm getting Dn echo6,8 about 300 channels. Is 61.5W further west to Echo6,8? I would like to see the most since I have two dishes connected to a receiver.

Silver Member

Fla.

Post Number: 339
Hey Eye; From where I AM, looking from the rear of dish, 61.5 would be 48.5 degrees to the left.
110.0-61.5=48.5 Iam in Florida, USA
I think if you`re on the west coast it`s opposite?

Username: Jackiedoo

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 1
Hello , i am a newbee and i need help does anyone know if a 2700 panset will work with a HD box

Unregistered guest
PLEASE HELP THE TROUBLE I AM HAVING I HAVE A PACE SKYBOX AND IN THE BEDROOM A MAGIC EYE IT WAS ALL WORKING FINE UNTILL MY HUSBAND ADDED A NEW DVD RECORDER TO MAIN SKY BOX AND NOW THE PICTURE ON THE MAIN BOX IS FINE AND GOING THROUGH AV BUT WHEN THEY WERE ALL FITTED THE CHANNEL WAS 6 IN BOTH ROOMS, I DON'T KNOW IF THIS HAS ANY THING TO DO WITH THE PICTURE IN THE MAIN ROOM IS EXCELLENT BUT UP STAIR ITS SNOWY AND I CAN'T CHANGE THE CHANNEL OVER I KNOW I NOT BEING MUCH HELP EXPLAINING THIS BUT DOES ANYONYONE KNOW IF MY HUSBAND COULD OF PUT THE WIRES IN THE WRONG HOLES PLEASE HELP I HAVE BROUGHT A NEW MAGIC EYE IN CASE THAT ONE HAD JUST STOP WORKING BUT STILL NO LUCK PLEASE PLEASE HELP I DO NEED STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR HELP DEBBIE
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us