Component to composite!!!need help!!

Username: Skoolsux

Post Number: 1
ok i got a problem....
i recently bought a 50" rca scenium dlp tv. i have my xbox 360 hooked up to it with component cables. on the back of the tv it has 1 composite video and left and right audio for its output. i took the composite out and plugged it into my capture card on my pc. when i capture the video, nothing but small stright colored lines go up and down the video, all i get is audio. i know now that my tv doesn't convert the componet to composite. i have heard from my boss at bestbuy that i can find a type of system selector that will take a component in and output component and composite at the same time. is there any way that i could do this.... i've exhusted every possiblity... any help would be great.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5405
Why do you want to connect your TV to your PC?

If you are trying to connect the composite output of the TV to your PC with the hopes of capturing video from the game or recording DVDs from the XBOX. IT is not going to happen. That is why you are getting those lines.

Username: Skoolsux

Post Number: 4
im trying to hook up my xbox 360 to my pc through my tv.. so i can use my tv and capture at the same time. i was hopinh that it could work... but i guess not

Username: Idalgo

Post Number: 1
For this purpose Atlona makes component to composite down converter AT-COMP500
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help