Help choosing TV!

Username: Soso

Post Number: 1
Hello!
We want to buy a 40" to 50" TV under 3000$ CAN.
Our major concern is the quality of the image and the position of our TV; it would be positioned about 1 foot higher than our eyes (maybe 3½ feet from the ground and about 10 feet away), and so we need a TV with great image quality at a wide angle.
Also, it would be used in a room with windows and not only as a home theater but mostly as our everyday TV...
I've seen the Sony KDFE50A10 in a store and it seemed interesting but it looked like the image got bad as soon as you're not seated right in front of it...
I'm starting to look more at DLPs... The Samsung HL-R4664W seems interesting...

Any thoughts, suggestions on DLP, LCD or plasma for our living room??!

Thank you! :-)

Post Number: 2
---oops, I meant Sony KDFE42A10---

komah
Unregistered guest
Well I've had the Sony KDFE42A10 for about a month now and am very happy with it. HD with a antennae is amazing. Regular cable is tolerable...after watching HD, regular cable does kinda suck. I set aprox. 12 feet from it in a bright room and side vision is not a problem. I looked for about a year and a half before picking it and have not been dissapointed yet.
Just my 2 cents.........Good Luck!

I concur
Unregistered guest
Yep the sony 42A10 is a nice little set.

Post Number: 3
Thank you for your replies!

Another little question: would a plasma like Samsung HP_R4272C be worth paying the 900$ more?

komah
Unregistered guest
IMHO, the only reason to get a plasma is space and if your going to mount it on the wall. I think they have worked out all of the bugs and I like the smaller thicknes. However, I dont like the heat they generate and once they are dead, they are dead!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us