Star Choice Dish With Direct Tv Reciever

Anonymous

Will a star choice dish work with a direct tv reciever? I am from canada and looking to get direct tv because no one here in canada offers any espn channels other then espn classic, which is crap.

Bronze Member
Username: Ikaleem

Post Number: 48
you can get direct tv through back channels e.g. dealers who will give you one through a factitiuos address..however i will not advise you that since they will charge you credit card and if you ever needed to cancel it is a big pain in the A**...you can go FTA and that is the easiest choice for you..

Anonymous

I have relatives in the U.S so its not really a problem signing up i will just use there addy. Just wanted to make sure that the star choice dish will work with direct tv.

Bronze Member
Username: Ikaleem

Post Number: 53
i dont believe it will but then again never tried it...if you do get it in Canada make sure you dont hook the tele wire with your receiver

Anonymous

Does anyone know of the easiest way to get direct tv here in canada? Im just sick of canadian satellite and cable.

John Ann
Unregistered guest
Pay for it....U stupid fvcking monkey.

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 276
Hey john ann; U shouldn`t talk that way he might be a relative.LMAO...

Hey anon; the dish is not an issue, its the lnb`s. The hint about FTA was an option, that is worth investigating. You are at this forum so you have half the battle won. All the info is here or the links to find it.
1:Viewsat Platinum or C00lsat Pro(good, but not expsive)@165us delivered.
2:Load bin file (dsscentral,etc.)
3:watch TV.
Of course you`ll have to aim sat. dish, configure switches if applicable, etc. All the info is available, how long it will last, who knows? Thousands are enjoying the programming via of FTA(stb)receivers. I can only encourage you to do your homework because this is NOT a maintenence free system as a subscription would be, but it is free(-equip)and in as much, requires some maintenence. Good luck & Happy New Year!!!

John Ann
Unregistered guest
HITCH....I got a Hitch-e-......Ballsack,
s_u_c_k it for me....ROTF

I understand U got a case of of Sodium
Phosphates Rec*tal Solution with a
pre-lubricated tip for xmas, hope U
don't run out and thill get sh*it
on the end of his dick from Butt
fvcking U....ROTF
(He-Ha-He-Ha-He-Ha-He-Ha)

HITCH-e-boy U should drink some to clean your
mouth and pea brain out.....ROTF

Anonymous

Yes you can use a Starchoice dish for DTV but you have to modify the arm to use either Echostar or DTV LNBFs... and the only reason to use a Starchoice eliptical (oval) dish would be to get DTV's HD channels. The easier solution is clearly buy a DTV triple LNBF oval dish on e-bay or from a dealer.

The only way to get DTV in Soviet-Canuckistan is Sub-sharing or have a U.S. address to mset up an account... beleive me, it's worth the hassle to get DTV over the garbage Canadian providers!!!

Hillbilly Zeke
Unregistered guest
Actually it's the american content that is garbage. It's programmed for people with IQ scores that are 30 points below average. I have Dishnetwork and am trying to get Bell Expressview or Starchoice.

Anonymous

Why would you want a Canadian system? It's the same American programs except they're on Canadian channels, sometimes months later... eg. "Weeds" on Showtime premiered 4 months before it did on Showcase.

There is also only about 5 commercial free movie channels on Bell and Star compared to over 35 on DTV and Dish.

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1239
There is also only about 5 commercial free movie channels on Bell and Star compared to over 35 on DTV and Dish.

WRONG there are 21 and 32 ppv's, 10 xxx.

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 316
Hey Maple Leaf; are the chnls U mentioned all on 91, I could go to lyng, but figured U`d know. Thanks

Anonymous

What in hell are you talking about??? If your stealing Canadian signals you'll get 5 Movie Centrals from the west, 5 Movie Networks from the east, and TCM... Scream, IFC and the rest of them garbage channels are not commercial free. PPV are not movie channels, they're PPV and yes BEV p0rn is not bad but considering there's Frog and F&g p0rn channels it's not much better than DAVE.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us