HD- DVR's

Bronze Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 67
Well, I've got HDTV programming and would like to record digitally in HD. However, there are not many DVR's capable of recording from HD sources unless you have a TiVo subscription (bullshit anyway) and buy an $800 or so DVD-R/DVR.

I've got Dish Network but their 942 reciever which, is a pretty awesome dual-tuner HD-DVR, runs around $700.

Anyone know when costs should go down? I don't know when these components first came on the market but it could only have been recently seeing as the costs are outrageously high right now.

Am I missing the $300 HD DVR's or don't they exist yet? Thanks everyone.

fx
Unregistered guest
They don't exist DSingh.

xvxvxvx

Bronze Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 70
damn, looks like i'm stuck with recording on VCR for the time being lol

Username: Majinbroly

Post Number: 4
wait..I have a Cox HD-DVR, but it's not really recording the HD channels in HD?

fx
Unregistered guest
D.Singh asked this: Am I missing the $300 HD DVR's or don't they exist yet? Thanks everyone.
I responded thusly: They don't exist DSingh.

You asked an entirely different question: wait..I have a Cox HD-DVR, but it's not really recording the HD channels in HD?

The answer to your question is yes your Cable company supplied DVR does record HD channles. But no you cannot purchase it for youself for $300 and have it work.

xvxvxvx

Username: Majinbroly

Post Number: 6
ok ok, I didn't full undertand his question in the first place, and sheesh, go to work, you don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Anonymous

I just got a SA explorer 8000 DVR from Time Warner.
I have a Panasonic DVD/VCR combo unit and a JVC TV. I have been trying for three day to get it all to work the way it is "supposed to" and finally a tech call to TW say it will not work they are not compatible. I find this hard to believe, Im not trying to do anything other than use the DVR as advertised. Occasionally record a show to VCR or watch a DVD..... anyone else have the same problem ? Did you find a solution?
If so, Would you mind sharing? Thank you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us