Jvc lack of warranty service

Username: Loki22

Post Number: 6
Hi everyone, I have a JVC hd52Z575 still under warranty, with a defective light engine,I had a jvc tech out on 12/8/05 he diagnosed the light engine and ordered a new one on 12/9/05. I have not heard back from them, when I call I'm told it could take ten weeks!This seems impossible since it's their part.My question is, has anybody else had similar problems.If anybody out their has an tips or insights about how to deal with JVC, I would really appreciate them. I'm tempted to take JVC to small claims court. BTW: all other info such as SN# and purchase date is in earlier post.
Thanks for any help you might provide.

Silver Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 142
You probably would have no claim. They are going to fix it, just not as fast as you would like unfortunately. If the part is on back order there is really not a lot you can do. You might be able to negotiate a reimbursement if any local repair shops have the part but that is kind of outside the box. These are the kind of horror stories I wish all my customers who pass on Extended Warrantees could hear. Factory warrantees are in most cases a joke.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us