RCA Model P52754AT Vinyl Screen has spots

Username: Ch3rry

Post Number: 1
Can anyone tell me how i can remove spots and streaks from the vinyl screen? I have tried everything, The tv is like 10 years old but still works great, just these spots are annoying at times, Not sure what caused them, I think possibly nicotine (my exhusband was a big smoker)There are a few runs/streaks, looks almost like they might be coming from the other side of the screen, it is like i am not touching them cleaning from the outside

Is it possible to remove the screen to clean the inside? It looks like it may come out easily but i am affraid to remove it for fear it wont stay in when i put it back

Anyone have any suggestions?

Post Number: 2
Did i put this in the wrong place or nobody has ever heard of this problem? Any info at all?

RandyM
Unregistered guest
I vaguely remember this model number, but I can't remember how the screen comes off. However, if you look closely, there should be some screws that hold the frame and screen onto the wood cabinet. You just need to find them and carefully remove them, while having someone hold onto the frame. Once the frame and screen are loose, lay it flat on the floor on cotton towels and clean the inside surface with a little Windex and a soft cotton cloth. Never use paper towel, it will scratch and leave debris. Don't remove the screen from the frame.

Post Number: 3
Thanks Randy! I appreciate the help :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us