HDMI connection not working

Username: Paul_ny

Middletown, NY USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung 50" DLP, and a Scientific Atlanta HD DVR box from Time Warner Cable. Bought an HDMI wire, hooked it up from cable box to tv, and I get a NO SIGNAL/WEAK SIGNAL msg. I've also hooked up the hdmi wire with the coax cable wire, still nothing. any suggestions or help? I have a feeling its the cable box, and not the tv or wire, because when i unhook the wire from the cable box, the tv says "check connection", so the tv is reading that the cable is connected. Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 139
Make sure you have the cable box set to push signal to the HDMI out. It should default to that hookup when it's active but there's a chance if you had it running off of componenet and moved to HDMI that it needs to be switched at the box from the cable box's menu.
Also make sure you have the TV set to the HDMI input. You shuld not have coax going to the TV if the HDMI is hooked up, unless you are running a splitter BEFORE the HD box to get the analog band in as a second input for Picture and picture purposes.

cablesapien
Unregistered guest
Call TW and make sure that the HDMI port is active. It's possible that they did not activate it under the current firmware version. Although you may not get the correct answer from the customer service rep. Tell them you want to talk to a tech supervisor or someone in converter staging.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us