Record VHS to DVD w/ Stabilizer...bending pic at top of screen...help

Anonymous

Hello,
Ok, got a christmas present today...Cyberhome 1200 DVD recorder (I know, but its my first foray into dvd recorders) want to copy VHS commerical films to DVD, I'm using one of those 'cheapie' 20 buck stabilizers (had it for years with no problems to dub vhs to vhs) I'm able to record to DVD just fine, but getting a 'bending' of the video on the top of the TV Screen (so think macrovision is getting thru) switched battery and tried adjustment in stabilizer, still same problem. Any suggestions? DVD recorder manual says 'this product incorporates copyright protection technology..." but still recording, just getting that 'bending' of the video at top of screen...any suggestions? Try another stabilizer, or try to 'upgrade' the recorder? Thanks for any help!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2007
When I had that problem, it was the horizontal hold on the TV.

movienut
Unregistered guest
David,
hello,
thanks for the suggestion, but I dont think that's it...only happens when I play or tape thru the DVD recorder, or during playback on the recorded DVD...seen this before years ago when I tried to dub VHS to VHS and the Macrovision disrupts the signal, though since I've used the cheapie stabilizer my vhs to vhs have come out fine...so the Recorder is still reading a part of the macrovision signal...guess either that part of the signal is getting thru the stabilizer or something else...anyone had experience with the Cyberhome 1200? deciding whether to return it and try another brand, or go out and buy a $100 dollar Sima to see if that works...any thoughts? Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us