Recording DVDs from VHS tapes (including copyrighted)

Username: Vegasron

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 3
It seems as though the majaority of questions asked on this board are "how can I copy my old VHS tapes, including those with copyright protection, to DVD".

I am FAR from being an expert at this, and have no knowledge of equipment I have not purchased. This is what worked for me.

If you are not copying copyright material, all you need is a VHS player connected to a DVD recorder or a combo unit. (The experts do not recommend a combo unit, but space limitations may dictate otherwise).

If you intend to copy copyright material, you will need a stabilizer beween the VHS player and the DVD recorder.

The equipment I recently purchased were:
Panasonic VCR Player (PV-V4525S) $60 RC Willey
Panasonic DVD Recorder (DMRE20K) $200 RC Willey
SIMA Corp stabilizer (GoDVD Model CT-200) $100 Amazon.com

Connecting this equipment is a cinch. With the exceptions of the CT-200, I didn't even have to read the instruction books to do it.

You can probably find everything on-line for a cheaper price. When comparing, be sure to consider taxes and shipping. Another consideration is the return policy in case of malfunctioning equipment.

Again, I am not an expert. I'm 63 years old and don't even own a cell phone----too complicated for me!!

Ron
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us