Magnavox MRD 200 Surround Problems

Username: Linfield

Post Number: 1
I don't know that much about DVD players/Surround systems, but I think mine is possessed. I have the DVD system and 2 VCRs connected to my TV with a converter because my TV is an older one. The system has been working quite well for many months, but it has slowly been deteriorating over the past couple months.

The most minor problem is that the subwoofer occasionally makes a hum. When that happens I turn the whole thing off and start it up again. Sometimes the hum disappears when the system is turned off, but sometimes not until the system is turned back on again. It has also started to hum after it has been off for many hours--like in the middle of the night. Turning it on then off solves the problem, but what is CAUSING it?

Also, I rent many movies from Netflix/Blockbuster. It seems that the thinner DVDs won't play, but the thicker ones will. I often have problems with the Law & Order DVDs. These will usually play in my computer, but it is less convenient to watch from the computer. What could be causing this?

Also, I have had problems with some of my DVDs, so I have created backups. Often the backup will play, but the original will not. Any clue on this one?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us