How to scan when using SW21 to combine 119 and 110 ?

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
I have 2 single LNBs sat hooked into a Dish Net SW21 and out to a single receiver. I am able scan channels from both 110 and 119 sat, but many channels some time on, some time off (i.e. no signal). I tested both single LNB separately and I am sure they are both good. It's only that one is DSS LNB and the other one is Direct TV LNB. Could this be the issue, or was I not scanning properly ? In short, how do you scan in this case ? Thanks.

Anonymous

must be a fortec

Username: Laboa

Post Number: 2
Hi THO

Try to use a fta switch; your reciver is going to
work better; the sw21 is for Dish network.

Also your setting are important; 110 (22khz on Diseq #1) 119 (22khz off, diseq #2)

that would help you.

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
I need to use the SW21 because that is the only thing that can be used outside and serve as the ground block. I have not found any FTA switch that can be used outside as such. There is only 1 cable run into the house. I guess perhaps the two LNB's are not compatible for this type of switch. Actually, one LNB is a Dual but I use only 1 out and terminate the other. Even when the channel is fully on, I moved up 1 channel and then moved back and the channel shows no signal. I will try to find another single DSS LNB and see if this works. Thanks for the advice.

Gold Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 1163
Disque switches are used outside all the time, and they are for FTA receivers!

SW21 switches are NOT meant for FTA receivers!...they are intended for Dishnetwork/ Echostar receivers!

The SW 21 switch is your ENTIRE problem...the DTV LNB is fine, as well as the other one U have..

Bronze Member
Username: Rzoo4u2c

Post Number: 32
How far away from stb in feet can one put a Diseq switch? I have had better luck with sw21. I configured just as stated above and I always lose 1 bird. I am out approx 50 feet on r6 cable to junction. When i put in sw21 i get all the channels, but sometime i have to fish up and down channel button a bit to get channel locked in.

Gold Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 1169
Obviously the shorter the cable the better...but more importantly,the closer the disque switch to the receiver the better..

Yes if U are lucky enough to get the sw21 switch to work, U will still have some problems...such as "rocking" the channels to get them to appear..

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
Thanks for all the advice, I got it working finally. Got all channels from both 119 and 110 wokring fine. I use the 4x1 switch that came with the Pansat 2700A and set up as Chris said above. I still hate to use an additional set of cables going from the ground block to the 4x1 switch. All these are outside the house and quite far from my receiver, more than 50 feet, but it works not bad at all, perhaps because I use F_terminators on all unused outputs. I am still looking for a switch with a ground connection large enough to handle 3 ground wires so I can get rid of the ground block. The signal should be better with less wiring, I believe.

TheeChoch
Unregistered guest
hey guys....if i'm using pansat 4x1 switch to get bird 110 and 119 with the setting 110 (22khz on Diseq #1) and 119 (22khz off, diseq #2), having both cables connected to the 4x1 switch then scan satellite for channels, does it get all channels from both 110 and 119, or do you have to unplug one cable and scan one at a time?

TheeChoch
Unregistered guest
hey guys....if i'm using pansat 4x1 switch to get bird 110 and 119 with the setting 110 (22khz on Diseq #1) and 119 (22khz off, diseq #2), having both cables connected to the 4x1 switch then scan satellite for channels, does it get all channels from both 110 and 119, or do you have to unplug one cable and scan one at a time?

by the way, i'm using two directTV dish & directTV lnb. Both are set up with great signal (95-99% of quality)

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1215
Scan each sat .

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 288
Hey Tho; Your dish mounting bracket or post should have a place to add grnd wire, if not just loosen any metal nut and add wire from there to your grounding point. This will ground the entire system. If you are of the opinion this will help prevent damage from a direct lightening strike, think again.

TheeChoch
Unregistered guest
scan each satellite with both cables stay connected to the 4x1 switch?

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
The hitch. Thanks for the advice. I do ground the two sats to the grounding block which is grounded at the central ground. I just do not like the fact that the 4x1 switch does not have a ground connector otherwise I could have avoided a set of cables.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1218

TheeChoch
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 10:20 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
scan each satellite with both cables stay connected to the 4x1 switch?

Yes .

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
Actually, I did a bit differently. I connected one sat at a time with no switch, scan and make sure I got all channels for that sat. Once this is OK, then I connected both sats to the switch and set up the 22Khz ON/OFF and DiseQc accordingly. I do not have to rescan after connecting the switch, works just fine for me. This way, it is easier to troubleshoot if you run into problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1219
Yes can be done either way.

TheeChoch
Unregistered guest
ML...thankx.

Tho, thanks for the tips. You know I have done like you did but I didn't set the 22Khz ON/OFF correctly, i get channels from 110 then I lose channels from 119 the next minute and vice versa.

So thanks for the answers and tips guys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1223
Set it to off on all. And try.

TheeChoch
Unregistered guest
ML...I have done that first thing, didn't work well. It acts up like crazy. Watching channels from 110 fine, then turn it off, turn back on flip to 119 channels, get no signal. Turn it off again while it's sitting on 119 channels, it came on. It's like that for both 110 & 119 and vice versa.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1224
Ok, here's what you can try. Hook the coax directly from 110 to the receiver and see if it works OK. Then hook the coax directly from 119 to the receiver and see if it works OK. If they do then you've got a bad 4 in 1 switch, which I suspect is your problem. Because the only other thing that would cause that is a weak signal. But try the coax thing. Make sure you unplug the unit. They all emit power and if you start messing with the connections when the unit's plugged in, you can burn the switch. Or even other damage.

TheeChoch
Unregistered guest
ah hah...sounds like i've damage the switch..but that's alright, i got 4 extra to mess with.

I did plug and unplug while the box is power on. However, the signals are great (95-99%) for both 110 & 119 when i plugged the coax cable directly to my Pansat 3500s receiver. I will try again with a new 4x1 switch.

Thanks LK

Gold Member

Post Number: 1228
LOL I'm not lk. But that's alright LMAO.

TheeChoch
Unregistered guest
oops...my bad...thanks ML...don't know how the helll i typed LK.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1229
Not a problem. Good luck .

Bronze Member
Username: Thillisback

Post Number: 46
Nice job Maple...I see a change in U, for the better..

Bronze Member
Username: Thill_luvs_cock

Post Number: 73
You're right azzhole, Mable Leaf is changing for the better...only if you leave him alone azzmuncher...he doesn't like you at all, as a matter of fact, nobody likes you...you are a fcuking no good piece of human nugget...all you do is biitch and complain...STFU and get lost you fcuking crippled Vet wannabe...ROTF

diIdo
Unregistered guest
kneeegrow hates Thill cus he's always been envious of thill's knowledge and expertise.
poor pathetic scum.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
Why don't you go up to your room and make use of your handle...fcuking looser..ROTF

Anonymous

Thill's upset because kneeegrow has more posts then him.

Anonymous

Maple Leaf is BIG-TIME jealous
cus hes always overshadowed by Thill

Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2
I have no beef with anybody..I vow to ignore any and all jerks this year...and newbies who do NOT read..

BTW...Maple has provided helpful info the past couple days and turned over a new Leaf..nice change Maple Leaf..

And I don't care about post counts...I would like my old thillakalk account reactivated but I will use my VERY old nick LK once again..

BUTTBOY
Unregistered guest
Wow !!.........This is like the second coming of Jesus

TheeChoch
Unregistered guest
hey kneegs there are stranger things that happen maybe you could learn how to be respectful towards your fellow man but then that would be askin too much from you wouldn't it?

John Ann Co*ck
Unregistered guest
Know I can be respectful towards others....But
also the Bible says do onto others (like Thill
or whatsoever the fa*g*get what to call himself)
now adays)...as they do onto U....If fvcknuts
stops dashing so will I.....And I won't cut his
ballsack of anymore or Butt fvck him....ROTF

Anonymous

Heres 1 4 U and kneegs151-02-15-05chimpnuts.jpg

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
Here's one for you thrill...fcuking rim-lickker...ROTF

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Rzoo4u2c

Post Number: 64
I get 100 and 119. Can I cheat and tweak angle on 119 to also get 121, which according to lyngsat is a Ku beam.? West coast.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us