Having troubles with fortec ultra

Username: Jasonswife19

Post Number: 6
When we upload the new file it won't work. We keep getting flash failed message. Called the guy who we bought the fortec from and he claims there is nothing out to make it work right now. But yet everyone here and other sites have it all up and working. Is there anything else we can do? Just plain entering key codes doesn't work either. Thanks for any help.

Bronze Member
Username: Rzoo4u2c

Post Number: 24
flash with 256t pansat bin and then you can manually enter the n2 keys

Bronze Member
Username: Rzoo4u2c

Post Number: 25
Do not use any autoroll bins made for pansat on fortec if it is a new model fortec ultra it won't work. I flashed my ultra made made march 2005 with pansat 256t bin and when the new keys switched, I already had them. All I had to do is enter them and not have to fight for my space online to get the next bin.good luck

Gold Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 1137
flash failed... usually means U are using the wrong or defective cable (U need the straight-not null modem)or U are using the wrong or defective serial port..

Here are a few tips if you are having difficulty flashing:

I would advise everyone to read a set up guide before flashing. But, since people have been having some problems, I have revised this to provide more detailed information. But this is not intended to be a substitute.

1. Make sure you use the proper serial cable for your receiver:
Fortec and most Pansat use a straight through cable with DB9 females on both ends.
The Blackbird and pansat 2700 uses null (crossover) cable, which crosses over pins 2 and 3.

2, With the power turned off, connect it to your computer and receiver using the serial connector. Use serial port # 1, if you can.

3. If you do not have a working serial port, you must install one or use a computer that has one.

4. Use the appropriate loader.

5. Select the file. Make sure that it is the correct flash for your receiver.

6. Select the COM port your receiver is connected to. If you do not know, what it is try #1 first.

7. Enter the correct model name and number.

8. Check off the correct function box. Your choices are boot, flash or channel list. To FLASH your receiver you would use FLASH. Most flashes do not require a separate boot; so do not load both separately.

9. Turn on the receiver power from the back switch.

10. As soon as you see the lights flash,very first light -- IMMEDIATELY press download.

11. Wait until it COMPLETES and reboots.

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 239
Hey Thill1951; in re: # 10, I select pc-stb first then turn on receiver and it works fine.

He-Ha-He-Ha-He-Ha
Unregistered guest
@ COME-BAG give Thill @ call so he can come
and mop up the come from here....ROTF

Hitch-e-boy...s-U-c-ks little boys dick*s

Anonymous

Hey it's JackAss Boy again!!! Crawl back in your hole before I bash you with a rock parasite!!! NO ONE is interested in your limited vulgar vocabulary!!!

Gold Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 1161
THE "NO QUESTIONS ASKED" FORTEC TO ARIZA UPGRADE

ARIZA TECHNOLOGY INC. is offering a hardware upgrade to end-user customers who are unhappy with their Fortec Lifetime Ultras. Ariza is dedicated to supporting the FTA community and standing behind its new and improved Ariza brand of receivers.

WHY IS ARIZA DOING THIS?

Fortec was manufactured by Global Technologies, who also manufactures the Pansat and, now, the Ariza 700 and 750cx.

Fortec made the decision to clone their own units in China, and now the units are no longer working properly. Ariza is offering their 700 model unit, so customers can enjoy a fully supported Global Technologies manufactured product.

WHAT IS THE COST? WHAT DO I DO?

The cost is only $54.99 USD (retail $149.99) plus $15.00 USD shipping and handling. Machines must have factory software and be reset to factory default.

WHERE DO I SHIP MY FORTEC?

Shipping units can be expensive, so Ariza is offering a location in both Canada and the US for minimal shipping costs and no customs/cross-border fees. Units can be shipped to:

Ariza Technology
205 champagne drive unit 3
Toronto Ontario Canada
M3J 2C6, Canada

Ariza Technology
1000 Young St. Suite 154
Tonawanda N.Y. USA 14150

This offer will end January 30th 2006. Payments can be made by Paypal. Please visit the Ariza website (.ca) for full instructions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us