DTV tivo freezing

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnysamson

Peoria, Il Usa

Post Number: 29
I have a 96% signal on all transponders. But still the pic freezes, the audio continues. This happens every minute or so . Very annoying. Anyone run into this, and if so can anyone fix it or help?

RDR2000
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem with my DTV Tivo. They sent us a refurbished box for $16 and its still doing the same thing. We tried switching our regular RCA DTV unit and that seems to work where my DTV Tivo was connected but the DTV Tivo still freezes picture but sound is fine. We called DTV support again and they said it was a signal problem but we have a 92% signal for both transponders. The support person said that reading was inaccurate and suggested sending a technician to determine the root cause. They will be charging $70 if it isn't the unit. If the root cause is the unit, they will waive the service fee. Anyway, the person is scheduled to come out on Wednesday.

Bronze Member
Username: Nachoman91

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 21
I'd be interested to hear what happened at your service. If you could post a response it would be appreciated.

Question: When your picture freezes does it freeze and hold or does it freeze for just a second and then move on? Mine kinda gives a slight hesitation/pause. And it doesn't do it all the time, just occassionally.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnysamson

Peoria, Il Usa

Post Number: 30
It freezes for about 10 sec. But the sound remains.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us