Daewoo DSJ-6000LN 60" LCD- anyone seen it?

Stuart Blemcan
Im looking to check one of these things out. I have read good reviews but want to see one. The only place i see you can buy them at is best buy but only on bestbuy.com. anyone know of a real dealer near LA.

thx.

Ozzie
If you find anything out regarding the Daewoo 60 tv can you e mail me at newportoz@yahoo.com

TV looks interesting but can't find any informaion on it.

I am also looking to get this TV... a buddie of mine just ordered the TV today for costco.com for 2999.00 shipping and tax included which is a grand less than best buy. This TV is hard to track down! I have written Daewoo with minimal success. as far as I know you can only get it from best buy and costco. I will be getting mine in a week or so.When my buddie get his , he's gonna let me know what he thinks. He had the choice (and the money) to get the Sony 60 lcd and he choose the Daewoo. let me know if you hear anything.

Jay
I checked Costco and they didn't have it. Do you know if they stopped selling it?

Jay
I'm having trouble finding it so I am looking into the 52" Zenith LCD projection television. It's a nice machine and Amazon.com has it for 2999.99 with free shipping

John
I just ordered it from Costco, they have it again. Will let you know what I think when I get it. I had to pay $2999.00 plus tax though.

Anonymous
it seems like they get one in , sell it take it off the site , get one it sell.....ect. i wwish they would allow back orders...

Michael
I've got one from Costco just a few days ago. The delivery guys forgot to remove the lens protector cap while assembling the unit (it comes in two pieces). When I turned it on it looked like the mirror was broken or something. I though I've gotten a defective unit and was very dissapointed. I tried calling customer support but both Costco and Daewoo were closed for the day. I pulled myself together and decided to disassemble the TV and find out what was the damage. Then I found the stupid lens protector. Removed it, assembled the TV again and was blown away by the crisp and colorful picture.

This screen is so good and resolution is so high, I can actually see the artefacts of DVD compression. Black level is not very good, watching it in complete darkness is not a good idea. But with some ambient light (or even in the daylight) the image is simply awesome.

The PC input kicks butt. I've got a wireless keyboard and my kids play games on a 60" monitor. I am not exaggerating. It is as good as any LCD monitor. Pixels are very sharp. It accepts resolutions up to 1600x1200. I found that 1024x768 is most pleasing to my eyes, but higher resolutions are also quite good. Daewoo claims that the display supports 2.76 megapixels. It is approximately 1240x2204 pixels of true resolution. I just wish I had the widescreen video card drivers.

Stretch modes are quite good, but who cares? Without the burn-in problems I can watch the 4:3 programs in normal 4:3 mode.

Now the minor issues:

1. DVD input does not accept 480p, only 480i. Had to plug it into the DTV input which can accept 480p, 720p, 1080i. I don't have the HDTV receiver, but when I get one, I will have to swap cables to be able to watch the 480p from my DVD.

2. No 3:2 pulldown. Yet another reason to use the progressive scan DVD. Which is not supported on the DVD input. Bummer.

3. The lamp is only rated at 2000 hours. If you keep the TV on for 5 hours a day it will last a little over one year. The replacement cost is probably $150-200, which is not a big deal, as long as the supply is steady.

4. Approximately 5% overscan is not noticable while watching movies, but is very visible in the PC mode, eating up half of the Windows task bar. It is still usable, though. I guess I can always dock it to the side.

Overall it is the best HDTV/Monitor out there. My last RPTV was 47" Panasonic. I loved it, but it simply doesn't compare.

Stan
I've been trying to decide between the Daewoo and the Samsung 61" DLP. Has anyone compared the LCD projection TVs to the DLPs first hand and formed an opinion? Neither one are available for viewing in my area so everything I know is based on internet reports.

Dang I want this one! The guys at Video Only (west coast chain) were tring hard to sell me on the Sony 60" DLP XBR, but I really want the PC input. Anybody have comparison between the two?

mar
Unregistered guest
Any new information on the Zenith? I think they have changed a few features since, they now have 2 component inputs that take the 480i,480p,720p & 1080i.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us