Desq or sw21 switch

Anonymous

I had a DN twin lnb and one of the internal sw21 switches has failed. I will be replacing with dual lnb's and two sw21s. My question is....do I have to combine the two lnb's near the dish, or can I run two sets of dual RG6 from the dish into my attic, and install the sw21's 40feet or so from the dish. This would be preferred to keep the weather off the switches. I guess the real question here is.....is there any signal degredation from combining further down the cable?

Installer Gord
Unregistered guest
I install this stuff, here is my suggestion.

SW21 switches hold up great outside, as long as the connections are weather-proofed.

Use weather-proof compression connectors on your cables, along with rubber boots.

Put the boots on the 2 inputs & 1 output of the SW21 switch, and connect RG-6 to them using the compression connectors (not crimped connectors, they allow water in).

Therefore, leave your SW21's at the dish, and run a single line to each receiver.

FTA receivers and DiSeqC switches are different. DiSeqC's work better the closer they are to the receiver.

Gord

Anonymous

Great Advice...thanks Gord

Anonymous

Gord...I thought of a better rg6 connector, instead of the crimp type I have used in the past, so I got some blue Digicon DS6 RG6 Compression fittings, and an LCCT-1 compression tool. Hope it is of good quality. I was wondering if this blue compression connector will be "watertight" to the elements? or do I also need to ad a "Digiseal Sealing Sleeve" over the completed connector.? Any assistance appreciated, thanks again....JN:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us