Motion blur on 1080Ps?

Username: Rkruz

Post Number: 3
I have noticed when viewing all the large screen 1080p TVs (LCOS, DLP, SXRD et all) that whenever there is fast motion on the screen that it is blurry.

A notice this a lot when the stores have HDTV football games on. The players for example that are not followed by the camera are blurred slightly. Maybe I dont have the right technical words for it. But I see it on all the TVs.

I happened to see Discovery Channel show on a Samsung DLP, the Roush Racing team where they had cameras in the race cars and there was a lot of vibration. I watched that same show on my home CRT RPTV. On the DLP the vibration seems to be exageratted, not natural. I didnt get that same impression when I watch on the CRT RPTV.

Is this just an artifact of the technology that is there and I have to live with? Is this something that will improve on next years models?

Any insight appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 39
I have notice a slight blur on foot ball game when the ball is in motion, but when the play stops the picture is clear. On a 1080P hdtv this might be worse because everything is clearer. It's not the tv its the broadcast.

Username: Grimesy

Post Number: 8
I have also noticed the same blur on 1080p. I usually put it on 720p for sports and you dont see the blur at all. Has anyone had a crackling noise in the audio while watching hd channels? If im not on hd, it is not there. Not sure, maybe inputs wrong, or maybe the hdmi cable? any help?

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 958
Greg-

Do you use comcast? I get a crackling noise with some HD shows, but it never happens with the SD broadcasts. It is definitly a signal issue, not your gear.

You will always get motion blur with any program broadcast in 1080i. Even though 1080p sets deinterlace the signal, your still limited by the 30fps recording of a 1080i signal.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 166
Also agreed that most of the time its the broadcast not the TV. The reason you see it in stores and not at home cause the signal is being split and goes through alot of machinery on every tv.

Username: Bobcalkin

Post Number: 1
What you are describing on football games is normal and is caused by the source. When there is a long pass the camera has to pan in order to follow the football. As the camera moves it remains focused on the ball and the players will be blurred. I own a Sony 42A10 which is connected to a Dish 942 DVR which also controls a 27" CRT. When I first noticed the blur that you are describing I was concerned that it was LCD motion blur but I watched the same play on the CRT and the blur was present there too. I think it is more noticable on the microdisplays because the picture is so clear and sharp normally that blur really stands out.

Username: Grimesy

Post Number: 9
Mr. Lynch, i have direct tv with a high def receiver, i dont have any crackling on regukar channels, only high def? Not sure if it is a input or what?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us