BLUE RAY?

Bronze Member
Username: Korso55

Post Number: 12
this "blue-ray hd dvd" ...can i transfer my bought and burned dvds to that quality somehow (are they making anything that can do that)??? or will they re-release all movies on HD DVD???

Silver Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 136
Let me answer with a question. If you transfer some information to a larger storage media does that somehow make it have more information?
The answer is no. Transferring your current DVDs will not suddenly make them HD, they will still contain the same amount of information as they currently do. In order to have true HD movies we have to buy them having been masterered in HD from the original source material. They should roll out fast, most movies are currently mastered in HD already then dropped down to DVD level.
Now one thing that Blu Ray will offer is the chance to save space by holding multiple discs worth of info on one disk. I'm hoping to rip down my current DVD collection onto 1/5th as many disks. Of course Holographic disk is right around the corner so I might just wait.

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 365
RE: Now one thing that Blu Ray will offer is the chance to save space by holding multiple discs worth of info on one disk.

I hope that they put both full screen and "widescreen" on the disc's like they used to do. (big chance on that)

A few years back on alot of movies they put both full and widescreen versions on one disc until someone at "Hollywood", the people that are more concerned with putting crap like HDCP into the HDMI data stream fiqured out they'd sell more copies of each movie by not doing so.

Got to love that 2:35 format also.... It's marketed as "widescreen"... you know for your 16 X 9 tv... but it does NOT fill up the screen...

To me widescreen... labled as made for your widescreen 16x9 tv is 1.85, not 2:35.

Maybe with BlueRay offering the extra storage space they can at least put both the 1:85 and 2:35 versions on movies /disc labled as for your 16x9 tv. (Fat chance I'm sure on that!)

Username: Cablekid

Post Number: 2
Phillips is soon releasing a Blue Ray internal drive for desktop computers ( watch HD movies with projector for instant theatre)

Username: Cablekid

Post Number: 3
Phillips is soon releasing a Blue Ray internal drive for desktop computers ( watch HD movies with projector for instant theatre)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us