DVDs I made from VHS won't play on my laptop

Tasha Kruit
Unregistered guest
I've recently been copying my old VHS videos to DVD using a VCR and a Panasonic DVD Recorder (DMR-ES20). Some of them work fine but others have a problem. When I put them in my laptop to play they start out ok but after 5 minutes or so - or if I try to FF - they lock up and the program closes. I called Panasonic and took their advice to switch to a different brand of DVD-Rs but I still have the same problem. These DVDs will play ok on the Panasonic recorder but I really need them to play on my laptop. Any advice? Is this a problem with my laptop's DVD drive or PowerDVD or something else?

Unregistered guest
I am having the same problem. I tried various dvd playing software on my laptop but after 5-10 minutes it simply skips back to the beginning. The file system only sees a vob file that is way too small for the 3 hours of video I have on the dvd. Something is odd. The dvd plays just fine on regular dvd players though.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2251
Use better discs. There's a lot of garbage media out there. Try Taiyo Yuden discs, if they don't work nothing will.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us