Ultimate DVD Expierence

Username: Korso55

Post Number: 7
is there a drastic difference between the HDMI monster cable and thx monster cables($130) for a sony sxrd hdtv? i want it the ultimate dvd expierence and i heard mixed reviews about HDMI cables

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 525
Why use either. They are overpriced and over-rated!

If you want to try HDMI because you have an upconverting DVD player, buy the cheapest cable you can Google or find on eBay. Most discover that component (Y, Pr, Pb) cables work every bit as good for $30.

Post Number: 9
what would you recommend to get the most out of my DVD's? The HDMI monster cable along with Sony HD-Conversion DVD Player (DVPNS70H) wounldnt make any difference compared to my regular progressive scan dvd player and thx monster cables????

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 156
Does make a better quality going from component to HDMI. In the monsters cable hdmi the biggest you need is the 800 series. The THX is not really a better cable.Most of the time you dont really buy the cables more expensive and see a dramatic PQ differnce.The cable may be more insulated but more so durability of the cable.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 526
Most report no difference at all after matching the user adjustments for both inputs.

Bottom line, try something and if it doesn't look any better than what you already have, take it back.

Silver Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 134
I'm all in favor of getting the cheapest HDMI cables available. It's digital so it's either great or nothing at all. Signal loss is not a factor with a digital hookup so the Monster cables are a waste of money in this case. For analog sound hookups the Monster Cables can make a difference but they have turned this legacy into a marketing goldmine for ALL their cables across the board.

Bronze Member
Username: 514329

Post Number: 55
try the HDMI w/ a good dvd player ( personally I don't like sony dvd player even there ES line ) and play Gladiator, you'll see a difference. I've seen it on KDF E50A10 so you should see it on your SXRD too.

Username: Karl9s

Post Number: 9
Just go to Pricewatch.com and get some HDMI cables for around $10.00 ea. I bought mine from Javaco ... I purchaed two 6 ft cables and the price including shipping and insurance was about $28.00. After seeing Best Buy's Monster Cables for $150.00ea you'd be best buying elsewhere. Good Luck to you.

KARL

Post Number: 10
off the subject...this "blue-ray hd dvd" ...can i transfer my bought and burned dvds to that quality somehow (are they making anything that can do that)??? or will they re-release all movies on HD DVD???

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 159
Yeah at BestBuy they have the 4ft 1000 series HDMI for 150 which is not worth it it.Like stated most of the time its the durability of lasting with better connectors and shielding to keep interference out.

Silver Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 135
Yep, I work at Best Buy and can't in good conscience sell the Monster HDMI. My managers always push us to sell them but I just quietly ignore it and recommend the cheap AR ones. ;)

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 366
FYI:

kors055 is using a $25 dvd player, hooked up to a SONY sxrd hdtv, monster cables that were about $130.... Think about it...

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=547604#POST547604

kors055,

Once again ... You really need to use a DESCRIPTIVE THREAD TITLE.... Doing so may help someone with the same problem later on. (That someone may be YOU, looking for a fix for some type of other problem later on. On most boards you're supposed to SEARCH, Or at least look... before starting a NEW thread... and having a descriptive thread title helps those who do so.

A more descriptive thread title would be along the lines "What is the difference between the HDMI monster cable and thx monster cables?"

One more thing... You need to post back in the above thread about those super duper monster cables you have: "Now when i tried hookin up the cables to the tv with dvd player and put it to the corresponding input channel all i got was a RED picture of the dvd content"

When people take the time to help you out, you need to post back the "fix" in those threads in which you are asking for help. That info may save someone else some time and frustration.

Besides that, it's sort of an insult to the above posters for them to take the TIME to try to help you out... and you not post back the "fix".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us