HELP PLEASE>>>>might be nothing

Username: Korso55

Post Number: 3
hi i bought the sony sxrd hdtv....and bought monster cables that were about $130...to hook up to my dvd player. Now when i tried hookin up the cables to the tv with dvd player and put it to the corresponding input channel all i got was a red picture of the dvd content (the movie)...im assuming that since this is such a grand tv that my little cyberhome $25 dvd player is not capable of giving me the right picture.

Do i need to get a good dvd player for around $50 so the monster cables will work properly???or is there another problem?

PLEASE HELP!!!
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 802
Are you sure you have the cables going to the right inputs. Monster has cables with odd colors that confuse. For example with my cable box I have to reverse two of the cables as the red is in the middle.

But yes, get a better DVD player, with that tv you will notice a difference, especially with HDMI from a quality player.

I would recommend a better player regardless. The Panasonic DVD-S77 for $250 will really deliver for the money. I bought the Denon DVD2910 for $650 for my JVC 52" HD-ILA. The difference between the two players is largely in the audio performance IMO, the Panasonic will give great video.

Post Number: 4
but will any dvd player do that is over $60? Would it be better if i got a corresponding sony dvd player?

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 519
I think your blue or green cable connector is not seated all the way myself. That or a cable is bad.

Uh.....duh!
Unregistered guest
Get the Sony Upconvert DVD and hook it up using HDMI. You just spent at least 4500 or so on a set, another 200 bucks for a quality picture won't kill you.

Post Number: 5
is there a drastic difference from thx monster cables? i heard mixed reviews

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 363
korso55,

RE:
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 06:36 am:
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 09:44 pm:

1: 1st use a DESCRIPTIVE THREAD TITLE.... Doing so may help someone with the same problem later on. (That someone may be YOU, looking for a fix for some type of other problem later on. On most boards you're supposed to SEARCH, Or at least look... before starting a NEW thread... and having a descriptive thread title helps those who do so.

2: By the time stamps above you should have had time to swap the cables as the above posters have suggested unless you are "traveling". It's been 3 days and you have not posted back. Say YOU, were having a problem.. and ran across a thread... and the Original poster posts back the fix.... I would assume you would find that useful info, eh?

Besides that, it's sort of an insult to the above posters for them to take the TIME to try to help you out... and you not post back the "fix".

3: Buy a better DVD player... $25 dvd player, hooked up to a SONY sxrd hdtv, monster cables that were about $130.... Think about it...

You should buy a $130 player

Username: Hitachi

Post Number: 1
I have a 3 yr old Hitachi 43inch rear projection TV. Several months ago, the color picture changed. There is a very strong red color presence, and i cannot get rid of it. I tried to change the color preferences, but it did not work. Also, the volume indicator bar changed color from green to brown-red. Occasionally the picture spontabneously flips back to normal colors, but then it suddenly changes again to predominantly red. Hitachi customer support were not very helpful. Anyone has any thoughts???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us