Sharp Aquos, HDMI, HDTV and Charter Cable

Username: Nbkbgx4

Post Number: 1
Just bought a Sharp Aquos 32 HDTV. Noticed that my "old" HDTV box from Charter does not have an HDMI port on it, so I used an S-video cable. HD channels look decent (not truly great), but regular channels look pretty bad. Do I need a new box with an HDMI port? Is the S-video cable not good enough? My signal is split between 7 televisions. Is that a problem? Also, the cable going to the cable box is not super high quality. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bronze Member
Username: Justfig

Maynardville, TN USA

Post Number: 14
Alan, I have an Aquos also and just recently got the Moto 6412 box from Comcast. It has HDMI and does a much better job on the analog channels. You don't need an expensive HDMI cable either. I bought one from Monoprice.com for about $8.00. In the mean time you can split the cable at the TV and run one cable into the F connector of the TV for the analog channels and one into the cable box for all others. It helps. For HD you really need HDMI or at least component hookup(red, blue,green)from the cable box. Call Charter and see what box they offer for HDTV.
Hope this helps,

JF

Post Number: 2
Thanks! That made a big difference. Glad I asked. I just hope Charter doesn't give me the run around on getting an upgraded HDTV cable box.

Another question if you don't mind. I am not sure about Comcast, but Charter has an on-screen guide and menu for ordering VOD. For some reason, I cannot get it to appear on the Aquos. Any idea as to why? Thanks again,

Bronze Member
Username: Justfig

Maynardville, TN USA

Post Number: 16
Sorry Alan, can't help you on that one. Thats one you'll have to talk to Charter about I suppose.

JF

Post Number: 3
Just found out that Charter Cable boxes do not have HDMI ports. This is directly from the Charter Cable rep who checked with, in her words, "the chief tech guy" for the company. I am shocked, but not surprised.

Anonymous

Just get an DVI-HDMI cable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us