Upconverting DVD's

Bronze Member
Username: Justfig

Maynardville, TN USA

Post Number: 12
I got my HD841 yesterday and hooked it up via the DVI connection. I have to say, I'm not real impressed with the upconversion picture. I can see a difference over standard 420p component connection but I would say it is an unremarkable difference! Maybe it's just the Samsung (its my 1st try at upconverting) or maybe its the whole upconverting concept? I even did the firmware update to no better result. If this is in fact the best it gets with upconverting I would suggest you save your money and wait for a real HD solution comes out! Just MHO. Am I missing something? Was the 841 a mistake? Whats better (besides a $1500.00 player?) Does the Neo or Oppo do a much better job at upconverting? Thought maybe someone out there has been the guinea pig before I become one :-)

JF

Bronze Member
Username: Justfig

Maynardville, TN USA

Post Number: 13
A quick followup. After reading a review of this player at Secrets of Home Theater by Kris Deering
I switched to the component output and the upconverted picture is a tad better than the DVI connection. Maybe Samsung needs another firmware update to fix the DVI output?

JF
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us