Dish Network (in Canada) stopped working 3 days ago..

Anonymous

OK, a "freind of mine" has one of those systems that is activated through a company who secures US addresses, or something along those lines.

His system stopped working 3 days ago, and he's wondering why. In trying to contact the company, he just gets the run-around, and is told that they are working on it.

Can any of you offer a possible explaination, without swearing at me or slandering my name (seems to be rampant in this forum)?

keith green
Unregistered guest
I`m with a company out of the Toronto area for DTV.The company charges me a 75 buck us annual charge.The programming from Direct tv goes right off my visa every month.The company that gets the 75 bucks a year has nothing to do with my actual programming it goes directly to DTV from my credit card.Now im sure the company can cancel your sub if you fail to pay them the 75 bucks on the yearly renewal.Has he payed them up to date?Is his dish or receiver maybe the problem.Perhaps the Canadian company is going out of business?That might be it???
Anyway,my DTV programming cost is exactly the same as a US resident would pay except I pay in US funds wich is not bad at the moment.I pay no sales tax and the programming you get with total choice is better than the canucks get.My bill with the US exchange and the 75 buck anual fee(works out to about 8 bucks a month)is still a wee bit cheaper than what my neighbors pay for bell/starchoice and I get the better programming.TCM,FOX MOVIES AND AMC,AND THE US TVLAND, HALLMARK and Fox news is basically what I watch.

Waiting for SV1 to come out after Christmas.

Anonymous

RE:"I`m with a company out of the Toronto area for DTV."

Thanks for the reply Keith. He pays something like $1200 CDN per year, up-front. Has been receiving service from them for a few years with no probs...

So, you have not had any problems of late?

Cheers, KR
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us