Akai fan noise

Username: Crsteele

McKinney, TX USA

Post Number: 3
I know of one other poster who has experienced excessive fan noise/motor hum on an Akai PDP5016h, are there more? We are trying to confirm whether this is "normal" for this inexpensive plasma and simply the price of economy. If you have an Akai PDP5016h that runs silently please let us know.

alaskanripper
Unregistered guest
I have a pdp5016h and it is almost totally silent. I just now checked because of your post, there is a slight hum when my ear is like 1" from the little vent holes on the back. It's like the hum an inverter makes. No way you could hear it from more than a foot away.

Unregistered guest
Charles,
Just bought mine yesterday, 01-22-06 and I can hear the fan noise as well. Is yours still making the noise?

Unregistered guest
absolutely a sound... two good-sized fans are internal and they aren't quiet... generally, since I live alone, any TV watching is accompanied with high volume surround sound. So YES, the tv set has loud fan sound. How did you NOT have the two large fans running inside????

Now... I bought mine for 900$ on clearance because the set had defective remote control receiving. Do you know of a parts dealer for the 1/4 inch by 2 inch remote control receiver board? or even the controller board that it is harnessed to? Thanks in advance. terico77@yahoo.com

prany
Unregistered guest
There are options you can use to NOT have fans or really quiet fans available in the market. Another option is to use a better heatsink that are being used in high end Servers(could be costly anywhere from $120 to $350).
For the receiver board, call Akai. They should have them. You may have to pay $300 plus installation....just a guess.

prany
Unregistered guest
For those of you who have working remote, can you tell me if you can change MTS between stereo, SAP, and Mono? Mine stuck at Mono. I called AKAI tech support and he blamed it on the cable company. My other LCD and CRT tv works fine.
Thanks for any reply.

dangerusdan
Unregistered guest
My fans hum pretty loudly. Fortunately, my wife likes to blare the audio anyway. My unit didn't come with a manual. Can anyone tell me the specs for the DVI input? Is it digital, analog, or both?

Thanks,

Dan

Kev L
Unregistered guest
Dangerusdan, I have a electronic copy of the manual for the pdp5016H email me for a copy N/C rmskevin@sasktel.net

Anonymous

Dangerusdan, I can't reply to your Email, Keeps bouncing back to me????Kev

Username: Dmaldonado

Post Number: 1
Kev,
I have been trying to contact you for the electronic copy of the manual without any reply. I'm afraid that a spam filter is not allowing my email to reach you (or in the contrary, your email respond is not reaching me). Could you please reply here to tell me if that is in fact the case?
Thanks!
DM
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us