Hitachi 50v710 and 800 series RPTV LCD Info

Bronze Member
Username: Hallen1007

Charlotte, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 39
This thread is for discussion on the Hitachi lcd rptv's, 700 and 800 series. Please post the good as well as the bad. So often we only post the negative info, let's also hear the positive. Include pics of your setup as well.

Username: Tomare

Post Number: 1
I have a Hitachi 50V715 TV purchased that I purchased in Oct. 2004 for my new rec room. It only gets used an hour or 2 a week and just before Christmas of 2005, it stopped working. Turning on the TV resulted in no image and a buzzing noise coming from the back. I called Hitachi and they were kind enough to cover the parts and labor for whatever was wrong under warranty even though it was a couple of months out of warranty. So, the authorized service guy came out and showed me the bulb was burned out and because of the buzzing sound, was going to recommend to Hitachi the ballast gets replaced too. A couple of weeks later, all is replaced, but all is not well.

Now, whenever the TV is turned on, there is a 2-3 inch thick very light yellow bar across the top and a very light blue bar along the botton. I called Hitachi again, and the same guy comes out to look at it and now tells me it could very likely be the optical engine. Then he says "you do have the extended warranty, right". I say "no". He then tells me I should go out and buy one right now because that is probably the problem. He said he would contact Hitachi to see if they would cover it. So that's where I am.

Anyone else out there have similar experiences with this TV? I'm really annoyed by the fact that I've had these problems already and the TV hardly gets used! As long as Hitachi is paying for these service calls and parts, I'm reluctant to purchase a warranty. I'm thinking more of getting rid of it actually (but that might be fiscally silly). Any help is appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Hallen1007

Charlotte, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 41
Whatever you do, get the EW. For the most part the Hitachi tv's are very good. What I have learned about these forums is that people usually only speak the negatives. People who have no problems generally do not post, unless they just want info like I do. And make sure the warranty you get covers bulbs. You will enjoy the tv for years, so stop worrying.

keith k
Unregistered guest
I have a hitachi 50v710, 7 mos in The lamp died. fortunately it's under warranty. hitachi informs me the the bulb longevity is app 2 years. I have a feeling that this will be an annual occurance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us