Humax DRT800 (DVR from one room to another?)

Shadow5606
Unregistered guest
I'm considering setting up a home theatre in my basement which I'll just use for DVD & movie watching. I'll be leaving my main TV and Dish Network reciever in my living room.

I'm trying to figure out a good way to watch movies that I record on my living room DVR on this front projection setup in my basement.

At first I was thinking about looking for some kind of networked device that could connect my Dish Network DVR output to the front projector in my basement.

Then I started to consider finding a way to record content from my Dish Network DVR onto DVD and then just play the DVD on the DVD player that would be in the same room with my front projector. From reading a few threads that looks like a challenging prospect.

soooo... then I notice this HumaxDRT800 and it seems to be just what I need... It is a DVR with a built in DVD recorder... that way I could setup recording with this in my living room and when i want to watch a movie I've recorded in my basement home theatre I can just record it onto disk and take it to my basement.

I'm wondering if anyone else has a setup like this and if the Humax product is the best solution or if there are other products for me to consider.

Keep in mind that I really don't care about making DVD copies, I just want to disply DVR content from a DVR in my living room onto a front projector in my basement.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1975
Something to keep in mind. HBO and Showtime, I don't know about Starz, are using copy once protection on their programming. So once you've recorded from HBO or Showtime to the DVR, you won't be able to copy from DVR to DVD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us