Attaching 2 FTA rcvrs to one elliptical dish

Username: 9ballplayer

Post Number: 1
I have accumulated a 'freebie'satellite dish package containing a 18x24" elliptical dish, 2 dual DTV LNBs, a three position LNB arm, and a Channel Master 4x4 multiswitch. I would like to be able to use this dish for Sats 110 & 119 for attachment of two more FTAs. I have read,read,read, and read some more but haven't seen this setup anywhere on any sites. Would someone please evaluate this and point me toward a solution. My attachment of pics was too large, so I can't show my Hdwr.
My present installation is with (2) 18" round DTV dishes with dual LNBs on each......one dish pointed at 110 and the other at 119. Works great,
but I would like to hook up (2) more rcvrs without adding (4) more dishes !!
Thanks in advance,
9ball

Anonymous

Just put the present 2 round dishes into the 4x4 multiswitch and then run 4 cables from switch to 4 receivers..then set up your installation remote configuration...standard LNB,112500,disque port 1 (110,2 (119,

No need for more dishes etc..all U need is the 4x4 switch, then using your remote, set up the installation configuration.

Unregistered guest
advise me on the digital decocer i have.
a strong 4646 decoder and what are the channels
on scrambled codes be seen as FTAs

Username: 9ballplayer

Post Number: 2
Thanks anonymous, I'll give that a try. I'm not sure how to set up the connection with the multiswitch configuration in the 'installation' > 'settings' menu in the other two receivers. Will the multiswitch act like a splitter ? I don't want the additional 2 receivers pumping the 13v/18v back up to the LNBs and be in contention with the 1st receiver's LNB voltage. Also I am not sure how to set the 22KHz switch option in the setup menu for the other 2 receivers. Right now, with just the one receiver, the 22KHz option is 'ON' for each dish.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us