Charlie or xxxxxxSat

Anonymous

Hey guys .. I am thinking of playing around with DSS .. like DishN so I am wondering which is a better strategy?

a) Buy a charlie receiver(ebay) (with blue card only), have to read boxkeys, so need JTAG, open channels by using nagraedit program, put a tsop lock and be happy (for ever?)

b) by Pansat/CXXxxsat/ViewSat/Fortec or any one of the FTA's, they might come programmed with current keys, but i don't have to do Jtag/TSOP bit.
Would have to update keys every now and then.

Have it gotten it right? or with Charlie also one has to update keys out of the box?

Two more questions ..
1.Can one use yellow cards also?
2.How often are bin files need changing ..
my guess is that keys are every 2/3 months, but I am at all not sure why/when bin needs updating.

Thanks for any help.

Beat This
Unregistered guest
Your best bet is to go with a FTA receiver if you don't want the hassel of programming it every week. They now have Autoroll for both BEV & DISHNETWORK sats in one single bin and you don't have to do any key changes ever. Specially Viewsat has come with their latest SuperBin as of last night which doesn't freeze, fast channel changing and you are good until the bin goes down which hardly ever happens on FTA's anyways. So if I were you I would go with a Viewsat 2000 Platinum which is easily available and costs penuts nowadays since there are lots of price wars going on among dealers. Don't go with Pansat, the BIN they made for it isn't that good yet and also there are lots of clones among them that you could end up with.

Always remember to buy the FTA receiver from a reputable dealer so that you get the genuine product not clones.

Yellow cards work for charlie, but freewares that are available on the net aren't that good and if you want good software you will have to pay for it, as for FTA's you don't need to pay for nothing, you just go and find the good site and get your latest SuperBin and never worry about changing keys or connecting it to your PC.

Hope this helps buddy and good luck!

Jack_Wants_To_Play
Unregistered guest
@Beat This

Thanks good buddy ..
Can you help tell how one doesn't get a clone and gets the realdeal?

Like you mention SuperBin last night .. I guess that won't be installed in any of the receivers in the shelves .. so I might have to do that once anyways ..
anythoughts on that ?

Anonymous

Buy from dealers listed at www.Future-fta.com ....they are genuine dealers....either a Pansat or a viewsat

Anonymous

and Pansat does make a good receiver ..and has much support ..and has Superbins now that autoroll bot BEV and Dishnetwork with 3 day EPG (programming guides)..so go with either Pansat 3500 or viewsat 2000 platinum from the sellers at above mentioned site..

Beat_This
Unregistered guest
Jack Wants to Play,

Buddy, make your investigation first before buying from anywhere, there are plenty of Pansat clones out there and lots of shitty dealers. If you want a fast EPG and processing receiver then don't waste money on Pansat, I have both Pansat and Viewsat and I stand behind Viewsat. Why because it has a processor which is twice as fast as any of the other receivers except Dream BOX. It has excellent support just like Pansat and you get files for them easily anywhere on the net. Before you buy any receiver don't go by the BullShit the dealers tell you about life time support or buy support from them. FTA Support is easily available on the Net and no need to pay for it, those who wants to see the support they aren't good dealers, be aware.

I loaded the latest super bins for both Pansat and Viewsat on my receivers and I will tell you one thing for sure, Viewsat has the best revision and fast processing and no freezing. Pansat still have bugs on their bin until they fix it.

Go with a good dealer, make sure to do some research first before you buy one, don't go by sites suggested on this place.

Let me know where you live as I might help you out, Canada or States, just mention it and maybe give me an email addy.

Take care

Jack_Wants_To_Play
Unregistered guest
@Beat_This

goodbuddy this is for the good'ol us
I am sold on viewsat .. send me any suggestions on ss19d03 on yahoo .. thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us