Sony RDR-HX1010 or Pionner DVR-930H-S, which one ?

masquar
Unregistered guest
Hi everybody , I would like to buy a good quality DVD-R. Which one will you choose or suggest among the two in the subject ?

Thanks
Massimo

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1968
I haven't used either one of them, but I've seen a lot more posts with Sony problems than Pioneer problems. I've also heard that Sony is using Samsung to manufacter their recorders these days, a very good reason to stay away from Sony if it's true.

masquar
Unregistered guest
Thanks a lot, David !
That was my idea too.

Massimo

Argenon
Unregistered guest
Actually I would rate Samsung products very highly, particularly DVD and memoery.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2112
Samtrash is junk. My sister has one of their DVD recorders, she sent me a few discs recorded on it. On my JVC player they freeze at every new chapter and won't go past there till I press search twice, or press chapter skip. On my Panasonic DVD recorder, they freeze for a couple of seconds then jump forward. They are TY discs, so it's not the discs. Samsung makes some of the most unreliable electronics you can buy.

Username: Mikedonb

Coventry, RI

Post Number: 6
Hey David, I'm also looking to buy a DVD Recorder. I do have a Samsung DLP HDTV and so far it's been fantastic. Is it just the DVD players from Samsung that you think are bad? Also, does anyone know if there is a good, reliable DVD Recorder that also supports HD Upscaling or should I buy a separate unit for that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2476
The Toshiba D-R5 upconverts through HDMI. I have 2 D-R4s, hands down best picture quality of any recorder I've seen. Virtually everything Samsung makes is problem prone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us