Problems with my KV-32FS120!

Bronze Member
Username: Tmansdc

Post Number: 17
I got three problems with it.

1. Through regular cable on Pro the tv looks fine, clear, bright, etc. But on other devices like DVD, Video Game Consoles, VCR's, Camcorders, etc. It seems really really dark even with brightness and contrast turned 85% up. Is that normal on WEGA's or not? Is there an option to fix it? On my old curved shadow mask 27" Admiral with 2 composite inputs everything was about twice as bright at 85% contrast/brightness. Now I know the bigger the tv the dimmer the picture but 32" is not much bigger then 27" so it shouldn't be a bigger problem.

2. There's ghosting (i.e. trails left behind everything on dark parts of the picture.) I connect my ps2 and XBOX via the official component cables and the gamecube via a madcatz av/s cable (the s-video is the one I use.)

3. In the lower left hand corner, there's a 1 inch tall by 4 inch wide spot where everytime something scrolls up/down/left/right through it, it looks like it's "popping out of the tv." It also is a little darker there then the rest of the television.

So is there anyway I can fix those problems? If it costs anymore then $200 to fix these problems I'll just sell the tv after the holidays and get a different 32" flat tube tv.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Also, due to videogames seeming dark, I switch from pro mode (which is everything turned halfway up and clearedge off.) to vivid mode for my games and dvd's (vivid I tweaked so its about 85% contrast, 85% brightness, Sharpness cranked up to max, and clearedge on low.)

I've noticed that since I've flipped back and forth between the two modes a few times that the image quality seems to have a bit more color bleeding and is a bit blurrier then usual. Could that be due to "abuse"?. Just wondering.

If so how could it, I mean, I did switch them a couple of times pretty quickly and i did switch instantly a couple of times right after turning on the tv and a couple of times I turned it right off after adjusting it, could that have damaged it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
The bluriness just started last night after I switched from vivid to pro mode for the 12th time since I've got the repaired tv back (it was a week ago.)

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 262
First, switching between different picture modes sets the settings to different presets, which is why the picture changes, from bright and cool with vivid to dim and warm with theater.

Switch the mode to normal.

Then, adjust brightness to about %50, contrast to about %75, sharpness to about %25, tint and color to about half. Turn off VSM/VMS/Clearedge if this option is present. Set color temperature to neutral. Adjust the tilt correction, if necessary.

Also, if the set has any energy saving modes (I.E. is Energy Star compliant), turn those modes off. One tactic to energy saving modes is to operate the picture tube at a lower B+, which results in lower power consumption but a dimmer picture.

You don't want maximum sharpness as this exaggerates edge detail and can actually obscure fine details in the picture as well as causing a haloing effect on the outline of objects in the picture.

And, did you recently had the TV repaired, and for what problem?

Also, the lower left hand corner could be a damaged picture tube or, more likely, may be an indication for a need of a degaussing. - Reinhart

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
How do i turn off the energy star mode and any other tips?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
anyone?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
What energy saving modes would those be?

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 278
I checked the owners manual for this set and it appears that the Energy Star is probably for when the set is in stand by mode (when it's not on). - Reinhart

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
The ghosting is now worse. Everytime I play a gamecube game through a madcatz AV/S video cable, (Especially Resident Evil 4) the ghosting gets way worse.

Like everytime I turn, there's like a heavily scan lined afterimage (ghost image) of thin objects (like posts, polls, etc.)And everything kinda blurs up as well. I don't notice this as much with anything else. Could anything be wrong?

Also, on other systems and dvds, on a black background I will notice bright objects "trailing/ghosting" on dark backgrounds as well. Could there be a problem there?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
It's only when i turn left or right though. The lag problem doesn't happen vertically, only horizontally.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us