SE Michigan, got DTV sat and no reciever, need advice

Username: Eskimo777

Post Number: 1
Hi guys I'm new and need some advice please. I live in south eastern Michigan and have a few Direct TV sats, and haven't bought a reciever yet. I was wondering what I should buy to get a good hook up going seeing as how there is no crack for the P4 cards. I have the money to invest so just point me in the right direction, and my buddy and I will most definetly contribute around here after we get going in the right direction.
Thanks!

header108
Unregistered guest
Shane
First you have to understand that it is Dishnetwork that you well be testing.
My advice is that u read all about the Free to Air receivers and make up your mind how much u want to invest in this stuff and then start to find what u need to do to get it going.
Free to Air is the easy one to start with and does not take alarge amount of money to set it up.

This is alot of fun to play with and has its payoff all so!!

Post Number: 2
Awesome, thanks for th advice. I wiould love to read all about it so I can begin testing. If you could point me in the right direction and answer a few other questions I'll be on my way sir. Is it pointless for me to even research, or will these FTA recievers work on an DTV sat here in Michigan (South East) such as the new Pansat 3500s I have been seeing on ebay? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? I am willing to drop about $300 - $500, or whatever it takes to test my butt off ;)
Thanks again for your help and any future advice!

Post Number: 3
Also is it possible to eventually test things such as PPV and other channels such as HBO, Showtime, etc...

Thanks again.

header108
Unregistered guest
Anathema
There is no fix for DTV they have not had a hack for allmost 2 years so give up the idea that you want DTV.
Like i told you before you well be testing Dishnetwork!!!
After you setup your FTA receiver and dish you well get all the stations that your dish is pointing at, there is manny Sats that you can point to to receive there programing.
Many FTA websites have a newbee section that you can read up on and learn how to program your receiver and how to line your dish to the Sat that you want, Dishnetwork has 110, 119, that i watch over 500 stations.
As for what receiver to buy I feel that the Pansat2700A is good to start with about $150 plus a cost of a dish, but remember you can also get a old DTV dish to work with the FTA.
The reason I feel that you should start out cheap is that we are testers and Dishnetwork could someday stop from testing this has happened with DTV and if that happens then you are only out a few dollars.
As for testing after 2 months with all the free Tv you receive it has paid for itself
As for sites there is many to choose from most want $10.00 to $30.00 to join so it is all up to you and it well take about one weekend to get this going! Also I live in southeast Michigan!
Good luck

Anonymous

All REPUTABLE DSS sites are FREE...no costs..FREE files..

Post Number: 5
I understand that DTV wont work, I was just making sure the dish my buddy had would work with a FTA receiver. Thanks for your advice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us